battle for the underground question

SWIMBO

Like Wayne said. Doesnt really matter cuz it's not gonna change the way I fish. We are doing some New England contests lately and having fun with that. Those are enough to keep me busy...

Let's do it State by State heaviest Bass, then, throw all the names in a hat, and, pick a name in front of ten witnesses.... :roll: I don't know..free or not, this is another reason I don't do any type of tournaments any more. My heaviest bass in Massachusetts was over ten pounds, and, don't think I'll ever do that again...But there's hope.. ;) one cast at a time. :)

10lber in Bassachusetts?! You can't just leave me hangin' like that!

Connecticut River, back years ago practicing for a Tournament of Champions, Jig & Pig. Sounds like a fish story, but, my girlfriend was with me & netted the fish. As she lifted it out of the water the net "Bent" where the hoop meets the handle. Real Wide back that supported the Belly wieght. No Camera, No Scale....I have a 8 LBer on the wall at home, and, this one Dwarfed it. It was Well over ten...how much, I'll never know. She talked me into letting it go & I was hoping it would be there for me in the tournament. One of the biggest regres of my bass fishing life.....but, it was let go to live on.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally it doesn't change how I fish. Every time I go out I'm trying to catch a record and PB. I think there are big bass all over the place. Whether it is easier to catch them in one place or another is a different story. Just fish. There are a handful of guys here in MA who in my opinion have as good a shot as anyone at winning.

Really needs to be 2 tourneys. I'm sure there are a ton of guys on here who don't participate because they know they cant compete with the water they fish. Separate the states based on state record, all states with a record over 15lbs in tourney X, all states with records under 15lbs in tourney Y (just using 15lbs for example). Not going to make everyone happy but it will definitely make more people happy and increase participation. I'm sure there are some Northern state bait makers that would be happy to donate to a separate tournament.

btw i didnt read through the thread so not sure if this was brought up.

I'm up in Mass and being in New England we have a really low chance of winning any monthly tourney and pretty much a zero percent chance for the battle. Even with a couple guys out here doing crazy work. We got a great tourney with some new england guys and its been a blast and each tourney big bass have been caught (7-8, 9-5, 8-1) These are monsters in most peoples eyes up here in New England but don't really got a shot of winning a monthly tourney here. I think the only idea that would really work is to just split the states and have a northern and southern tourney each month. Then you can have all the winners play in the battle. This would give some northern guys that 1 slim chance against the Cali legends.

A lot of people seem to be bringing up the battle, but I don't see how separating the states then having the winners from each division compete in the battle will solve the issue with the battle. People from cali will still go up against those in northern states

Just throwing that out there

How about we just put everyone's name in a hat and pull out the winner. No fishing involved at all. Totally "fair" to everyone.

This thread should motivate SU to keep the prize package modest. People get crazy when there is a big prize at stake.

How about we just put everyone's name in a hat and pull out the winner. No fishing involved at all. Totally "fair" to everyone.

This thread should motivate SU to keep the prize package modest. People get crazy when there is a big prize at stake.

Or just get rid of the prizes

I bet you would be surprised at how many guys compete for the heck of it the prize is just icing on the cake

I just hope some kind of format or separate tourney is started to lets us all compete against each other on more of a level playing field...if the site decides to keep the battle for the underground the same cool..its their choice but it would be nice to have something else also that runs all year like the battle...

I hope the underground is the first swimbait site to offer a format that allows us all to compete on a level playing field...

Oh but I would still play the spot and smallmouth game if that's not handicapped ;)

just stick a 17 oliver and mike did hell i seen a video where butch stuck a 19 whats the problem? you want us outside of cali to stick a DD so we want you to stick a 17 :lol::D:);):o:mrgreen:8-):idea: