BOYCOTT deps 175/250

Bass nutz

Alright, this is getting out of control. No, not the price of a 250. It the whiners and crybabies I keep hearing who are calling anyone and everyone that sells a deps for whatever someone will pay for it a greedy, gouging lowlife. Let's get something straight, you want a bait but you don't want to pay for it. The market dictates the price. Which means someone who wants to pay $300 for a deps has every right to do so. This is america, and last I checked you could spend your money on whatever you wanted. Quit whining and drop the dough. Or don't. It doesn't matter to me or anyone else. What you want to do with your money is your business and it just so happens that, for Deps right now, business is good. There ain't nothing wrong with making money. It ain't like someone's coming and forcing you to hand over $300 while they shove a 250 down your throat! For the record, I don't own a 250 nor have I ever. I don't feel like spending that kind of money on one. But I don't have a problem with someone who does. Or with someone who sells one for a small fortune. I think it's noble and all for someone to sell one for a "reasonable" price, but it's not they're responsibility to make sure everyone has a chance to buy a 250 on the cheap. Ok I'm done. I just hate all the whining. I'm really a happy guy! :lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, this is getting out of control. No, not the price of a 250. It the whiners and crybabies I keep hearing who are calling anyone and everyone that sells a deps for whatever someone will pay for it a greedy, gouging lowlife. Let's get something straight, you want a bait but you don't want to pay for it. The market dictates the price. Which means someone who wants to pay $300 for a deps has every right to do so. This is america, and last I checked you could spend your money on whatever you wanted. Quit whining and drop the dough. Or don't. It doesn't matter to me or anyone else. What you want to do with your money is your business and it just so happens that, for Deps right now, business is good. There ain't nothing wrong with making money. It ain't like someone's coming and forcing you to hand over $300 while they shove a 250 down your throat! For the record, I don't own a 250 nor have I ever. I don't feel like spending that kind of money on one. But I don't have a problem with someone who does. Or with someone who sells one for a small fortune. I think it's noble and all for someone to sell one for a "reasonable" price, but it's not they're responsibility to make sure everyone has a chance to buy a 250 on the cheap. Ok I'm done. I just hate all the whining. I'm really a happy guy! :lol:

Bingo. The market dictates itself whether you agree with the prices or not. There are some guys making some serious profit off of these things but to be honest, a lot of guys paid top dollar. So when you see these things going for 250+, don't get mad, they might just be trying to get back what they paid. :shock:

I am not sure how they rank against other fish in terms of intelligence but as far as mental capacity goes they are brain dead. There short term memory is around 5 seconds I believe.

No.......go back to biology class

+1 Bass learn a lot through trial and error. They get hooked on the same bait a couple times and they can make a correlation.

^That's very debatable they make such a complex decision and highly improbable.

It is actually more like 15-20 min and even that is up for debate as not every fish reacts the same. I was just trying to express a point that they are not as smart as you would like to give them credit. As for them becoming shy to a lure or whatever what you interpret as intelligence probably is not. In truth there is no concrete evidence of that currently but it more of a conditioning thing then a learned behavior stored in memory. A perfect example if fish that are "conditioned" to eat pellets.

^That's very debatable they make such a complex decision and highly improbable.

It is actually more like 15-20 min and even that is up for debate as not every fish reacts the same.

There is no debate at all, there is plenty of scientific research showing the memory of bass is several months to years. Start reading some pear reviewed science journals instead of bassmaster if you are going to talk about biological functions and capabilities.

'Merica!

Is anyone familiar with the "Tulip Bulb" craze, if you're not, google it

Its like anything else, there WILL be a time when these prices come down, the big question is when, its not a question of IF but WHEN...

Its the same thing as the stock market... prices will rise and fall consistantly... its the way it goes... its a proven fact and hostory shows it

Used 3:16 8" freestyles about 18 months ago were going from $180 to $200... people can't give them away now, NIB's going for $130 - $140

if you can't afford one now, sit tight and wait for em to come down, it may take a year, 2 years? No one will know for sure but they will eventually come down

Is anyone familiar with the "Tulip Bulb" craze, if you're not, google it

Its like anything else, there WILL be a time when these prices come down, the big question is when, its not a question of IF but WHEN...

Its the same thing as the stock market... prices will rise and fall consistantly... its the way it goes... its a proven fact and hostory shows it

Used 3:16 8" freestyles about 18 months ago were going from $180 to $200... people can't give them away now, NIB's going for $130 - $140

if you can't afford one now, sit tight and wait for em to come down, it may take a year, 2 years? No one will know for sure but they will eventually come down

The only difference with that is Mickey is still making Freestyles and they have saturated the market now. That is the biggest reason there is no secondary market for the baits any more.

They never developed the track record of the 250 either, for obvious reasons.

Although prices have gone up considerably i would rather have a bait maker make great baits with prices rising due to need then one that makes bait to STEAL hard working folks money without any products received, like a couple have done in the past. Whats worst is theyre still around and still selling their stuff cuz people buy them. Go figure :?

They WILL come down in price(mabey). I just got my first one today. Their is at least one shop that is selling them for MSRP or at least close to it. He only got 10 and said he had already had a guy try to buy all 10. His policy is one each on the 250's. Long story short, he's good dude that wants repeat business and likes to be fair. If you dont mind paying the "Buy It Now" price then by all means. Supply and demand. It's only gouging if you HAVE to buy it. Things will settle at some point. It's still a steep bait for me at what I paid but as it was said "you have to pay to play".

On a side note He said the next batch of 175's would be shipping soon and his supplier said he should have about 6 colors :D

even spoke about the GC 300

post-4471-14253007494892_thumb.jpg

ok. I read all the respnonses. I am at a loss for words. I didnt expect much from the 250 years ago. I believe I can build baits better than what u can but mass produced most of the time. Ive built alot of different glides and been praised for them and the way the perform. Ive fished a ton of different glides over the years also. Im not the most successful glide bait guy but ive been throwing the gan craft before i even herd of the 250. Anyone that has used a numerous amount of glide baits will know the 250 out performs almost all glides. Hinkle has a wide slow glide, gan craft a little narrower, mother does some stuff well, but the 250 can do it all and do it all very well. You can rip it burn it walk it slow roll, on the pause it will glide out further than other baits ive used. I am really never impressed with any hard baits. Even my own i pick apart, but the 250 is an incredible bait, especially since it is commercially produced. It offers many things that no other glide offers. Even the front hook position is different than other baits. I dont think there is denying that the 250 is one of the most dynamic innovative and productive swimbaits in recent history. Theres too much evidence and results to argue against that. Fish get conditioned to every lure. Not throwing a 250 because they are conditioned to it is like not throwing a speed trap on the delta because it has been the most popular crankbait on the delta for 20 yrs. But its still one of the most productive. Like not flipping a senko cuz the fish have seen it 238954328927 times. The 250 give alot less negative clues about itself than most any other hardbait. even if the fish bite it and dont get hooks or nip the tail, its a softer feel, more natural. So, boycotting one of the best baits out there cuz it costs alot is fine, but the 250s to good for most anyone to join u. Not having a 250 in your line up, sorry to say, you are plain missing out on big bites.

+1