Hi's Tackle box shop?

Danny C.

I recently purchased a order from them. I got a email confirmation and receipt/ invoice #. For 3 days my credit card was pending and now my money's been takin out. It's been 8 days and I havent received my order. I've tried calling and sending emails. No response. Has any had problems with this site/ shop? I know there based in SF, CA and I'm in SoCal. But it shouldn't take 8 days and counting to receive my package.

I recently had a bad experience with them. I placed order # 40518 with them on 9/7/14 at 6:10 pm . I ordered a total of 6 D&M custom baits jigs in 3 different colors. I get a confirmation email that I have saved acknowledging my order and have confirmed they have the correct billing address etc .

After not receiving my order I follow-up 9:23 pm October 2nd via email inquiring about my order and keep in mind I have not received any communication from them regarding order status whether they had it in stock, back ordered etc. I also called and left a message that same day .

A couple of days go by and I 'm starting to get pissed as there is no response. I sent a follow-up email Saturday October 4th at 2:50 pm and to say the least it was not friendly in the tone of my email. I asked that they send me my order or my money back and that I would move on ( also vowing to myself to never do business with them again ) and I also brought it to there attention that if they continue to ignore me I will do everything I can to spread the word regarding their poor service .

Later that weekend I emailed D & M custom baits asking that they help resolve this issue and cited the lack of response from Hi's Tackle Shop. In just a few hours I got a response from Dale Meddock the owner that he would take care of the order before he left town on a planned trip of his and that he was sorry about what had happened. I was blown away that he responded to me on the weekend and he made it a priority to take care of me right away, Mr. Meddock followed through with what he said he was going to do and I could not recommend their company enough and look forward to doing business with him again when the opportunity arises . I ended up receiving the jigs a few days later .

So far as of this day I have never received any response from Hi's Tackle . I have ordered successfully from them in the past but certainly will never do that again. The only reason I ordered from them instead of Tackle Warehouse is that TW does not carry the D & M Super Payday jig and Hi's supposedly stocks this. I am baffled as to why a retailer that has been recommended by the likes of Tackle tour and one that seemingly has a decent reputation would mishandle my order with no provocation and totally disregard my attempts at communication. They had no problem taking payment from my paypal Mastercard. I have cited my order # because I would love for someone from there to respond and I wanted to give a detailed response to show that I'm not bashing them for no reason . Maybe mine is an isolated experience , that said there are much better options out there for buying your fishing tackle .

I'm going to try and call this morning. Only thing I can think of is that maybe since there a small shop they wait for a lot of orders and ship all at once. I made sure before I purchased that all items said "instock" so I hope this isn't the problem