Deps 250 worth the price in gold?

Itsafullmonty

There are alot of swimbaits out there, you have to do research of which baits produce and buy those baits. A lot of people do that here. Example Roman Made, Deps, huddleston, 3:16 and ect. Not saying they will produce in your water, but you will find out by trying certain baits 1 or 2 will produce really well. That's kind of how I did it from buying baits. Sold the ones I don't have confidence in and use the ones that I do.

I have a bait that I bought that produces a lot of fish and ocasional big ones and it's not mention here that much and I only found out because I bought it and use it. And it's one of my favorite baits.

Baits that produce may range from cheap to expensive. It depends how much you want to pay to play.

Hype has a lot to do with it. In 5 years, there'll be a new "hot bait" that everyone is going nuts for. No doubt they work, but so do plenty of other lures that cost a lot less.

Naww more than hype, I got to throw the 250 all up and down the east coast this year, I think it was one of my better choices. I've never seen fish react to a bait quite like it. Knowing that they've never seen anything like it before is also a huge confidence booster, and I hooked and landed big bass out of waters I've fished my whole life without seeing, busted my pb musky at 52, first smallmouth on a bigbait, northerns, gar, even bowfin. Opens up a whole new world. Id say go for it but if you don't think you'll put the time in to learn how to catch fish with it don't waste the money.

Worth every penny, IMO. And I dont even own one. I will have one. I think it is prob the only bait that rivals the hudd for numbers of giant fish caught. Maybe thats a stretch, but it seems it to me.

This is pretty much what I feel as well. Those two are the creme de la creme.

i understand its an outstanding bait on the west coast but does it hold its wieght on the east coast? Reminder it's a beautiful Bait none less but is it really worth the price?

Let's see some input from the east coast guys

This is the WRONG mindset to begin with. "we don't have bass like you" We don't have trout" We don't have, we don't have. If you have bass they will work. But if you don't catch you would still blame the bait :lol: It's all Butch Browns fault :lol: Thanks Butch ! :mrgreen: "WE DO HAVE BASS" And I will catch, will you?

i understand its an outstanding bait on the west coast but does it hold its wieght on the east coast? Reminder it's a beautiful Bait none less but is it really worth the price?

Let's see some input from the east coast guys

This is the WRONG mindset to begin with. "we don't have bass like you" We don't have trout" We don't have, we don't have. If you have bass they will work. But if you don't catch you would still blame the bait :lol: It's all Butch Browns fault :lol: Thanks Butch ! :mrgreen: "WE DO HAVE BASS" And I will catch, will you?

+1.... a bass is a bass no matter where you are. You might not have as many 7+ lbers at your lake as we do, but a bait like the 250 WILL do the job better then any other bait at some periods of time. I think there is a lot of negative stigma from guys out east that think that the swimbait bite is just "easier" out here because of bigger fish and more trout. That may be true, but what I think most don't realize is how many shitty days still are had in between a good bite. Us out west have more confidence that the swimbait bite will work and our reward may be greater more often when it does happen. BUT we all have shitty biteless days that you don't hear about. I seriously think that many of folks outside of CA are still not able to capitalize on the potential of a true "big" bait bite because of their lack of confidence. My friend went to a lake in Jersey a few years ago and got two over 6 in 3 hours on a lake that "didn't produce good fish" according to some people....

Nice of the west coast guys to chime in. :roll:

It all about the forage, its size and what the fish are feeding on, such as 12"+ trout. For example I fish a few lakes that have mullet (a large fast swimming forage) and even the one pounders would kill the 250 and other large baits over small ones, but other lakes the 250 produced very few bites and when the fish hit the bait. it was half hearted like out of curiosity. It only worked on those lakes the first few times, after that I could not even get a follow. I also fish some lakes thats with large gizzard shad, not a single bite on the 250, but have had consistent bites on the HPH glide.

Even if you bought one and it doesnt wotk for you, you can still resell it and recover most if not all your cost.