Lexa 300

R8R

i love mine, ive been using it to throw baits up to 10oz without issue, mostly 7-8oz baits, reel is spooled with braid, make sure to keep the thumb bar oiled, mine got sticky but was a quick fix.

find em on ebay for $125 NIB

reel is very smooth and cast great, even used it for jigging in saltwater with no issue.

Guys that have Lexa 300 for a few years now, just wondering how are they holding up.

I have fished mine hard and abused it for a year now, still in good shape. Not nearly as smooth as the new one I purchased but I haven't done anything to it since I received it. I'm too retarded to take them apart to clean them, I mess them up every time.... I throw baits up to 10.5oz on it

I have (2) of them and both going strong after starting my 3rd season of swimbaiting... I throw baits up to 8 ounces and have not had any issues...Have not done any maintenance to mine yet either...Great reels for the money...

Thanks guys for responding. Good that there are plenty of positive reviews so far. Hopefully they last long now that I have three of them now. Definitely feels good in the hand when reeling and can manhandle a big fish.

I think they are ok with upgrades. But they feel really geary and loud after a while for me. I still fish mine with the upgrades, but definitely takes a beating from the big baits, bearings dont last to long. messed with em a couple seasons. meh, I wish they made a nicer version. Not to many options in that size of a low profile reel tho.

Put ceramics in it and you should be fine. I fish heavy baits also if you send it into diawa they will clean up/check out/lube and replace anything that is needed for the reel at very low cost and fast turn around time.

I have used mine pretty heavy for one swimbait season now and it seems to have lost its smoothness especially in the gears. Took it apart to check for any problems and found nothing. Guess it's just the way they are. You get what you pay for I suppose. I am going to purchase a different reel to replace it before it degrades further. It's a perfect reel in lots of ways for swimbaits it just feels like a cheap reel in the smoothness department.

With that being said...Has anyone found a "Low Profile" 300 series reel that can handle say over 6.5 oz's

I'm looking for one that is suitable for the Deps 250 I recently got...

Bout lost it twice because a massive backlash...

I know I have the wrong rod for it(On order)...but what the correct reel to pair it with???

or is a round reel style my only true option???

With that being said...Has anyone found a "Low Profile" 300 series reel that can handle say over 6.5 oz's

I know I have the wrong rod for it(On order)...but what the correct reel to pair it with???

I have a Z that handles it just fine. May give it a go with the Tatula HD

While I haven't used either of these, I have a feeling the Tranx and Beast would do well

Curado 300, BOOOOM