Roman Made Baits

fishingfool316

I know these baits are hard to come by and I have been thinking about ordering a few baits but I just noticed how much the price has gone up on these baits in the past month. I understand the whole supply and demand part of a company but when I got on Roman Made's website and I saw their South bait has jumped up about 50 bucks along with their Negotiator (7 inch). Are they making their baits differently or is it really because of how popular their baits are they know people will pay the price? Also are their baits that good to pay that kind of money for them? If it was 3:16 baits I wouldn't think twice about buying them but since I am unfamiliar with Roman Made Baits any advice would be appreciated.

i have a trick and trick lipless.

they both flat out catch fish, and the craftsmanship is top notch.

but there are similar options out there for less $$$

if you ever wanted to sell romans now is the time, give it 6 months and the price will be back to normal again, its just the supply and demand train now driving the price up.

a lot of the price increase has to do with shipping/import taxes and fees, some of the fees have jumped 25-40% in the past 6 months, so they have to recoup those cost somewhere.

Sorry to hijack this thread but i also had a question about RM and figured why make another thread?

Now i've seen twice the rumor that they will no longer be hand carving and instead doing a faster, mass production rate style of producing baits. Does anyone have any kind of insight on this??

RM are top of the line, but as the pricing is right now, for the price of a negotiator you could probably get a Deps 250. I would hold off on buying a Roman Made for now, unless you want to drop a lot more money on it than you have to.

RM are top of the line, but as the pricing is right now, for the price of a negotiator you could probably get a Deps 250. I would hold off on buying a Roman Made for now, unless you want to drop a lot more money on it than you have to.

Exactly. I recently wanted a Negotiator until I came to my senses and realized I could get 2-3 Deps 175 or 3-4 Gan Craft 178s at the same price