Anybody fish in maryland??

Crowshow6

Been throwing strictly swimbaits for a while now but it feels like I'm the only one into it on the west side of MD, would love to plan a few trips to get out with some people that share the same intrests....catch a lot of wierd looks from people for throwing something that looks like there "catch of the day" while I'm at the river or lake

Consider yourself lucky. No other big bait pressure. I'm in South Jersey. Western MD is a nice place. I drive through a couple times a year. My wife has family in Harpers Ferry, WV. Her cousin got married at Deep Creek Lake which was a sick place. I was wishin I was fishin the entire time. I also played football in Frederick a couple times, but that is going back awhile.

I'm originally from Montgomery county. I know there few guys from the Baltimore md Area on here. And Chad Yates is who was banned fro md. All guys I known that throw the big bapes in md can stickem. Few guys I know from northern VA as well.

Why was he banned?

I'm originally from Montgomery county. I know there few guys from the Baltimore md Area on here. And Chad Yates is who was banned fro md. All guys I known that throw the big bapes in md can stickem. Few guys I know from northern VA as well.

Why was he banned?

search.php?author_id=2302&sr=posts

I guess it's not to bad not having that big bait pressure here, lots of good untapped water out here, just seems like the one I'm after has kept its distance. Coming from a state where "teeners" have never been landed i feel like if it's gunna be done it's the swimbait that's thats the key! Live about 30 minutes from deep creek and there's definitely some awesome fishing in the area with lake habeeb and the north branch Potomac river as well

Why was he banned?

search.php?author_id=2302&sr=posts

From his comments in that thread? There's no way that it's not more complicated than that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm away at school in North Carolina right now but I'm from just outside of DC, hoping to throw some swimbaits around when I get back. Not really sure where would be best as all the lakes I've tried don't seem to have anything too sizable. 

I've caught them in Mattawoman creek on the Potomac on 6 & 7 inch TT's,Hudd minnows ,Hudd 6 & 68's,also caught a lot on slammers and wake Jr's.I haven't tried the 8 inch Hudds even though I have a bunch.Also all 3:16 Soft baits are great.Other lake i've done good on is the Rocky Gorge Resavoir and Centenial lake with all those baits.

Your best bet around southern Maryland is Potomac River. There are big LMB and SMB in there but they are kinda sparse, because of the amount of Striped Bass in the water, feeding on every single bait fish.... I have never had any success in the suburbs because so many people fish the ponds, and take fish from there.... I am sure Western Maryland is really good though.

I grew up fishing prettyboy reservoir in Baltimore county. I only threw swimbaits there a few times before I left home. I was back during the holidays on leave and threw big baits there and in codorus state park in PA. Didn't get a sniff. The last fish I caught on swimbaits back home were on the smaller huddleston baits but that was a few years ago. There's plenty of great water in the area, I just wish I could really fish it more often with big baits.