....and for dinner we serve...

swimbaitrookie

more wake jr :D

Got this long, lean mean girl on the bass wake jr close to sunset yesterday, followed by a nice 5lb'r. This fish should have weighed 8 to 9 lbs based on her head size and length, but right now they're a little on the skinny side. Another 6 weeks and this fish will look like a football. This was my first fish of the day and we started at 0830. Partner was catching fish on senkos but I would not resort to that and stayed with my swimbaits all day. Really glad I did :D

7-ish10-14-11.jpg

5-ish10-14-11.jpg

Fun fishies bro! What kinda fish were the senkos catching? Did you have 1st and 2nd big fish for the day? Love them top water hits.

The senko produced mostly rats, with a couple of 3lb, except for a 6-12 he caught an hour before I got the good one. Mine came in at 6-8 so he had big fish for the day, but my best 2 beat his best 3. :D

It was crazy yesterday - they wanted his senko fished fast, but I couldn't get a sniff on a moving swimbait. The first fish ate the jr about 5 seconds after splashdown, and the 5 ate it on the first twitch. I had others swirl, nudge, and slap at the bait as it sat next to the pads / grass edge but wouldn't touch it if I moved the bait more than an inch.

Last trip out I couldn't work the jr fast enough.