What's a good swimbait knot

Danny C.

san diego jam or improved clinch. your asking for trouble with the polamar on heavy line. its way too easy to cross the lines and your knot strenght goes down a ton. its hard to see when it happens

I tie this one, but double the line. I only do 4 wraps since I use a double like of 20-30 pound test. With smaller diameter lines I do more wraps.

LOL! I tie the Improved clinch just as fast, I just spin the lure instead. Funny how everyone just has their own thing going with rods, reels, lures, line, knots etc.

I wonder how many do everything the same?

Im a beleiver in the palomar, with 25-30lb Triple Fish. Its handled everything from bass, sharks, bull reds and even damn gators. But you do waste a lot of line, If your anal like me, I retie after a few fish and have to respool more often. But every knot thats been listed is proven

For me it's the SD Jam knot since I've used it a lot, but the take home point is use any knot you can tie well. Doesn't matter if you learn some really trick new knot if you can't tie it correctly on the water.

For me it's the SD Jam knot since I've used it a lot, but the take home point is use any knot you can tie well. Doesn't matter if you learn some really trick new knot if you can't tie it correctly on the water.

+1

uni knot for me, tie it for everything