new deps250

alexgee

Fished mine today I didnt have trouble keeping it down ive also never owned or fished a true og ss I have a sk that I tuned to sink super super slow maybe rof 2 to compare. I was throwing it on 25 mono butch said he fishes 20 flouro just make sure your knot is good. The one thing i did noticed was that it stops gliding on a super slow retrieve but when you get the right speed it had a nice wide glide to it. The bait was getting alot of attention lots of followers all day but no bites hopefully soon. Im no expert this is just what I noticed.

Most people who use them for stripers tend to fish the ss a little faster than usual, that could be the reason for it coming up a lot faster than the og. I fish most my baits fast

I got a flash carp and the first day out i had 3 bites. Caught a 2 pounder missed another small one and then lost at least an 8 that jumped and shook it. Really strong too for a plastic bait. Hit it off of a rock with no damage. That painted on flash is awesome. Winner in my book. try doubling up the front split ring only so the hook hangs lower. Lost those 2 then I did that and finally one stayed on. Idk why everyone is flipping them.

I took mine out yesterday it seems to be lighter and sink slower. I wasn't letting it sink down that long. When I retireved the bat it was running about a foot under the surface but not waking. It swims and turns nicley at differnt speeds.

agree

been fishing mine for about a week.

I took mine down to the local pond today.  It def has a wider glide to it, which I like because it is something new.  It does have a slower sink, but I prefer that, I could even get it to wake at a faster retrieve which I like.  I did notice that after about 10 minutes of throwing it, water tended to get inside the skin, and it did appear to have just a tad more of a faster sink.  Once I cleared the water out of the tail it went back to a slower sink.  The flow was fluent, however, it tends to stop the wide glide action when less line is out, about 8 feet or less.  But I could get it to stay wide with the twitch of my rod tip.  So far, I like it.  I will be throwing it again at the big lake this weekend.  It's a nice backup to my og flash, which I hope to never lose.  

• 3 weeks later...

I fished my NIB 2015 deps 250 flash carp.  It is lighter than the OG, it has a weight and spring system in front for "vibration" interesting the OG never had this and it caught fish like CRAZY, why now?  What I can say is it definitely dips up and down on quick stops and starts (that what happens when you have a loaded spring in the front) .  That said anyone want to trade an OG 250 for a New 250 flash carp :mrgreen: 

The 160mm ?

Oh, my mistake. I saw 2015 in some of the titles and thought it was the new release (still the 190mm/130mm), but looks like its just the 2015 deps web member colors

Edited by nickh87