Swimbait Rod

GoodOlBoyz

I saw the stickied thread up top for noobies and it had quite a few threads leading to "Which Swimbait Rod To Buy" but i get a 401 error trying to view them.

Since this year will be my first year using swimbaits i don't wanna spend $200+ on a rod. If someone can recommend me a "Spinning" rod for a decent price that would be awesome. Some people were telling me they are hard to find in the spinning category and i should look into Inshore Rods?

It's going to be pretty hard trying to find a spinning rod made to throw the big baits. I would recommend either starting off with a regular bait caster to throw some regular baits, then some big baits, or seeing if you can borrow a setup again. Also, it might be good to know what baits you want to throw.

Learn conventional bass fishing first. Then learn Swimbaits. If u don't even know how to.conventionally bass fish and use.proper techniques, lures, and approach, what's the point of spending money on Swimbaits.

I'm new to swimbaits.. Not fishing lol

Like people said before. Get yourself a cheap baitcaster. Once you learn on a cheap one, a nice baitcaster is much easier to tune and use. I have zero trust in a spinning rod. The only use my spinning rod gets is from my GF. Check out bass pro shops rod/reel combos. That will get you started throwing some smaller swimbaits like the keitechs and shellcracker g2. 

If anything, here is why I would never throw any of my good baits on a spinning rod. Spinning rods have a tendency to shut the bail occasionally on the cast. That might not matter with a drop shot or a senko but make that happen with a 5 oz. bait and that thing is going into orbit. 

Other than that its just much more efficient to use a casting rod for the big stuff... or 90% of bass fishing for that matter. 

I think some of the above guys don't have a lot of experience or familiarity with spinning reels... But let's not get into that dumb spinning vs casting argument. I have an LDC custom spinning rod that I use on a regular basis, along with my casting rods. Slightly different tools, but all effective. I have a back-up spinning combo that I'd be willing to sell you pretty cheap to get you started, where are you?

No reason why you can't find spinning gear that will do what you want.  Screw everyone else's opinions and blaze your own trail.  There are plenty of surf rods that handle big baits just fine.  The first thing you need to find out is what baits you plan on fishing and where.  From there figure out your budget.  Then just do some research on the surf and other salt water rods and you'll find what you need.