New Mattlure glide

slammedsdime

Bad day? Because im not ready a raring to go on this bait? there are plenty of reasons. Igonorant?

1. Months ago you were still "working out bugs with the floater". Which, is like a jointed punker.. I believe Jfish did that with the atomic punk years ago.. so thats not even a new design, its a fx killer instinct.

2. I was in awe when there was a bait being raffled to "recoup costs" because the first raffle brought so much $$$. You recoup cost thru selling the baits I thought, thats how normal business works. I mean do your own thing its a free country but rubbed a ton of people wrong i talked to.

3. a very pompous statement was made about how Matt couldnt believe the action of this glide or that glide and his isn going to be the best ever blah blah blah.... this is there first true true glide baits that Ive seen. The hardbass glides were more like two piece swimmers,

admitted by matt himself. Then after the release he said that was the only batch because tuning in that style bait takes soooo long. Boo hoo, not really.

4. Ive seen the bapes in action, in person. Meh. Not a super bad bait but def not the best ever, but thats ok its the first true glide. But ripping on everyone else with no glide track record. that was brutal. Im getting ripped on but dude already insulted mad makers with his statements. but he gets a pass... f that.

A few fish and videos are good. But thats not alot of r&D. Once a final desing and action is tuned in then THAT bait should be tested. Also how many have been made so that the consistency from bait to bait doesnt vary much? Glides arent  a lipless hardbait that you can just crack out. Every pour you learn something and can fine to the procedure.

This is an honest assesment from me, no hate or angst. I have nothing against matt, I actually was exctied to see what he was going to do, claiming all this RD and stuff. To me r&d can aswer questions like, will these baits last for more that a year. How will they stand up to hook rash. Will the pin break. But thats just me I guess. The standard is low because people make swimbaits and then sell em with NO RD, so doing anything looks so amazing.

Baits come and go. especially gliders. Matts late to the show on this one. There are glide baits that have been owning and have proven track records. Gancraft 230 has been doing work for who knows how long, way before deps. while im not saying matts baits wont be great fish catchers... the intro and demeaning pf proven baits made me expect more, from what ive seen not that impressed with the action.. they look great, but so did middlefish.

just being honest, i could care less if people dont like that or whatever. There is no agenda, i make baits, i know this will come up, but i dont consider myself in any class with a maker like matt or hinkle or those guys... im a hobbiest. this is coming from a swimbaiters point of view watching this whole love fest unfold

Ok Ceaser

First I sold a bait on ebay to recoup some costs so what. That's what we do when we sell baits. I make baits for a living so I sold one period. That's what we do, we make baits and sell them. Costs are recouped and then a little profit made. that's how buisineses work.

Ceaser claims I made a post saying that I said  my bait is going to be the greatest bla bla bla. This is false.  No I didn't. I said my bait will work at different speeds and be able to do different things and it does. I said I would post a video showing what the baits do at different speeds and I did, and since then I have started to see other bait makers posting videos showing there baits at multiple retrieves.

Ceaser claims I made a pompous statement about this glide and that glide. Well its all in how you take it and it obviously struck a nerve with some guys even though it was not directed at anybody specificaly. I saw a lot  of glides and most of them looked decent when worked very slow but very few looked good when any speed was applied. Some of them literally helicoptered. Most would not even stay close to upright. I have also heard  guys complaining about how baits broke. The point of that post was to tell the customers to demand swim videos of glide baits being worked at various speeds so they can see what these baits can do before spending a ton of money on them. I never mentioned a brand by name other then Deps to say something positive. There was nothing pompous about my post. That post was made to help customers. So instead of watching a 10 second video showing a bait under optimum conditions they could see what baits looks like doing other reteieves and different speeds.

Cearer and a couple other guys argued that their baits don't need to work at faster speeds because they work good at slow speeds. I actually agree with this statement IF THE BAIT CONSISTANTLY CATCHES FISH.

I talked to as many fisherman that produce good fish on glides that I could and the common theme they had was they wanted a bait that would work at various speeds. They all mix up their retrieves at some point and many of them complained about various brands only working at slow speeds. The #1 factor in a bait is always, and should always be... does the bait produce big fish? If they do then they are good baits.

As for Ceasers opinion on swim action, what matters is do they produce. The baits produce and have been producing with only a small amount of guys using them so the fish obviously approve. There are cast to catch videos and pictures to back this claim up.

As for R&D again Ceaser has no idea what he is talking about he doesn't know how much testing has been done. The baits have been beaten on and refined. They are consistent  and durable and proven to catch fish.

As for working out bugs in the floater. The floater worked great from the beginning. The bugs were in the slow sink which I have worked out but I haven't even started producing them yet. The biggest thing I changed on the floater was the tail material.

I do remember the Jfish bait. I was bummed at the time he released it because I had early prototypes that were similar . I have never claimed that I was the first or that I invented that style. I have said its walks easier then any bait I have seen because you don't need to work the rod. you can walk the bait with just the reel which is a huge benefit when using a swimbait rod.

Ceaser said I was demeaning other proven baits. False again. NO I never named any brands other then Deps to say something positive about them.

For the record I have seen cast to catch videos and or some great pics of fish caught on  Deps, Hinkles, Mothers and some other baits including mine. I am sure there are more but those are the ones that stick out to me.  I never called out any other glide by name especially any proven bait. So again this is a completely false statement.

Ceaser said I am late to the show. You know why? Because I wanted to make sure I put out a proven producer. I did not want to rush a bait to market that wasn't ready. I have seen a bunch of glideds come and go. This is why this bait has been in the works for so long. This is why I made sure it caught fish before I  sold one.

There once was a forum called the "nation" that bait manufacturers sponsored  and any opinion against them was silenced and the person was banned.

Lets not turn this forum into the same.  Matt hyped his bait publicly and bashed others (with out naming them).  Now his only option is to bring the sickest glide ever.  I personally think iIts better when manufacturers stay quite and let the bait build its own reputation.

Nufo I said my bait will work well at different speeds and it does. I said I would post a video showing what the bait does and I did.

I have shown a detailed video of what the floater does. No tricks, no suprises. The bait has been beaten, tested and proven to catch big fish. The R&D has been done and its ready.

On my Ceaser response post I forgot to mention the Gliding Gizzard as another one I have seen good results from.

i like how you put words in my mouth but thats aight man, i know its hard to hear a critic. I must have hit a soft spot, if its doing all you say then it should be a great success. But this wasnt some crap outta left field. Im not the only one who feels exactly the same way, i just dgaf about speaking on it. CEASER SAYS:: Get your glide on! ((I like that, "Ceaser said", sounds like a good name for a Blog LOL))

I didn't put word in your mouth I was responding to your post directly. I cant help it how you feel and I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. If you and others took that glide post as demeaning towards other proven baits then you guys took the post wrong.

Interesting how its ok for YOU to tell it like YOU think it is but if I make a general statement about other baits swimming poorly at faster speeds YOU see it as pompous. hmmm I guess only CEASRER SAYS is allowed to tell it like it is.

Just incase you forgot what you said.

Basically, my bape is sooo good, it's on par with derps and Hinkle. It does whatever you want it to! You're gonna need one!

Way to build up the hype before the preorders. Hope you got all those orders in full and non refundable, because if they all swim like the one I saw they're all gonna be on ebay real quick.

Then having woliver sell one on ebay for "recouping costs" is just greasy. Do what you want but that's a sh!t business model hahaha. Guess you're worried you won't sell enough to recoup costs like everyone else.

You are correct that I was comparing my bait to other baits, but of course I never said "Basically, my bape is sooo good, it's on par with derps and Hinkle. It does whatever you want it to! You're gonna need one!"

All baits are compared to other similar baits and I made a comparison. I stand by it. I never said as good or better or on par, I said similar. This was the observation I heard from several guys who fished the bait so I used it.

The slow sink is the bait I was talking about but I haven't even started making that one yet so its a long ways off. The bait that is being released first is the floater and it is not similar to those baits its a different style. I posted a video showing exactly what they do so everybody can have an opinion. The fish seem to approve.

Now the recouping cost thing wow REALLY???? what do you think every business is doing when they sell the first of any products. I guess you guys didn't like the words I chose "recoup costs". Why does it matter? Oliver sold a bait on ebay to make money which in turn recoups cost. Strange that this bothers you. I wasn't whining or claimed to be hurting or poor or anything like that nor did I ever insinuate that. I said I was recouping some costs and that's what I did. period. Next time I will just say I am selling one on ebay. Its the same thing. If you want to hate its easy to twist things.

You know damn well you did everything but actually say the words "mine's as good as derps." Why not just make 20 or so and sell them at the set price instead of milking wolivers hype train for 1000 bucks? Since you've already upped the price to something over 200.

Awfully critical of a man's ethics for someone who's first two posts on this forum sound like an immature school boy who's been pissed off at someone for a while and finally saw an opportunity to bash him.

No those are your words not mine and I definitely did not do everything but say that. Your twisting to hate. The Deps are the most proven glide out there and I respect that and have only ever said good things about them. They have produced a ton of big fish and until my bait or any other baits produce similar results then it is the glide bait to beat. So far the few baits of mine that are being tested have produced a lot of good fish so I am optimistic that my bait will be a staple in a lot of guys arsenal. Again the bait being released is the floater which is a different style then the Deps or other glides so comparing the floater is apples to oranges.

Why don't I just make 20 and sell them? Pretty close to what I am doing. I have a small batch of about 30 baits that are shipping out soon. As for milking Olivers hype train on the ebay bait. I don't think I have even mentioned the price or bragged about it. From the beginning I said $200. I have since figured out that they take me much longer to make then I anticipated so I will posibly need to raise the price. I have not stated by how much or what the new cost will be. It wont be a huge price increase. probably 10%-15%. However I am working on some ways to keep the price at $200 It all comes down to my actual time spent per bait.

You can pull the wool over the sheep's eyes all you want, I just call bullish!t where I see it. By all means pump up your bait to the sheeple, I'm sure you're gonna make a killing.

See this is why I showed a detailed video of the bait using various speeds and retrieves. No suprises, no tricks, no wool over the eyes. What you see is what you get. The customers can watch it and decide if they like it or not. Pretty simple.

As someone who gets hated on here in this forum for liking certain baits over others, I will honestly say this... The bait looks great in and out of the water. It seems to catch fish. I trust there has been enough testing and prototyping done to ensure it's strength and durability. $200 is a fair asking price when you look at the competition.

BUT!

As soon as I saw it posted on eBay by Oliver, I was instantly taken back. To me, it was a very blatant attempt to hype a bait. The reasoning 'to recoup costs' was laughable and only made Mattlures come off worse. It was obvious the main reason was build hype and grow the demand and get people talking more about it (which is business). You should have at least owned up to that and then happily taken your paycheck (of which, I sure hope there wasn't some sort of weaseling done to get the bid to $1k) . EVERY SINGLE PERSON I have talked to about it, saw it the way I'm describing.

If the price was set at $200 before the hype train started, leave it there. Once I heard you were ramping up the costs, I was again taken back. You've gained the notoriety for it, so the demand and hype is still there. The price is fair where it is.

How many companies charge more for a sinking model!??!?!?! That's absurd, Matt. Own up, or leave the price alone.

-a potential customer