pressured fish tactics ?

Jack

adjusting your angles until you find the right one for a spot, but  don't keep casting to the same spot too much either.   Your just further conditioning them.  90% of my bites come on the first cast or two anyways.  wait until you can make the one perfect cast

If your lakes stock trout, I normally wait 2 to 3 days then begin to fish the lakes and preferably during the weekday. Try to catch the morning bite and late night bite (record your successes, a. day you caught fish after the stock, time of day, weather,wind, angle ) and repeat. Hope this helps, Catch A giant :mrgreen:

Night fishing always seems to be best for high pressured Lakes out here in California, also u got to really think outside the box example- my home lakes everyone and there mother throws a 5 inch senko or a deps slide swimmer I stay away from what everyone else is doing on days such as these where everyone in throwing a slide swimmer or a senko . I take a 4 in senko add a rattle and a williow leaf blade to the tail end and wack them big time ive had many 50 fish plus days at lakes doing such where I thought it was wide open just to find out nobody was catching them. As for the slide swimmer I look for guys throwing them I wait them out and follow up with a Slow sinking rat that I can work at any depth of water a lot of times a slide swimmer will pull followers you would be surprised how many people dont follow up with a different approach to catch these fish. The picture below is a pefect example of this working , there where 2 guys throwing slide swimmers this day I know fish is small but just to show thinking outside the box really does work (outside the box not so much because its a rat but because it sinks and I get bit most often do to this fact) hope It dont sound like im mr know it all fisherman I learn every day im on the water the day you think you know it all is the day you become a ignorant fisherman, this is just what works for me

post-23512-0-76844100-1426745797_thumb.jpg

Edited by JeremyW

If you have access to night fish it'll be good. My lakes are pressured pretty hard too and night fishing is good year round.

I agree, I think the key word is "stealth". Not only do I fish pressured bass at night, I also target them on the Nastiest day's I can. I'm talking wind, rain,or, whatever. The visibility for the fish to see or hear you is drastically reduced during these "undesirable fishing conditions" to the common angler. Keeping a low profile & being as quite as a mouse also helps. Throw an uncommon lure once in a while, to also catch em off guard. Lot's of great guys with great advice here.....keep casting my friend.

like mentioned before, stealth is key.

the waters that i fish are moderately pressured. even so, i approach a shoreline or a location with the potential for big fish as quietly as i possibly can. trolling motor on low, electronics off.

learn how to approach the water's edge, make your first cast and presentation count.

adjusting your angles until you find the right one for a spot, but  don't keep casting to the same spot too much either.   Your just further conditioning them.  90% of my bites come on the first cast or two anyways.  wait until you can make the one perfect cast

Well said. Every cast counts, think it through. Important to be stealthy, helps to use the trolling motor less and try to blend into the structure

Thanks guys. Everyone here has been really helpful. I try to use the trolling motor as little as possible. I know that the big girls get really shy of them really quickly. I had not given much thought to casting angles though.  I am fishing my first tournament of the season in a few weeks and have resigned myself to fish only swimbaits. Go big or Go home. I will give much consideration to my angels in this tournament.!!

Thanks guys. Everyone here has been really helpful. I try to use the trolling motor as little as possible. I know that the big girls get really shy of them really quickly. I had not given much thought to casting angles though.  I am fishing my first tournament of the season in a few weeks and have resigned myself to fish only swimbaits. Go big or Go home. I will give much consideration to my angels in this tournament.!!

The proper angle is EXTREMELY important. Almost all of my spots I can only get bit with a specific angle