Shad Glide

Chapmaniac

I've been looking around at shad glides and I see a lot of great looking baits but I'm not sure which one I should get and was looking for a bit of feedback. I'm more of a tournament angler and most of my home lakes don't have fish over 7-8lbs in them so I'm not looking for the monstrous baits either, something more in the 6-7" range(to help build confidence before stepping up to the bigger baits). I've looked at the HPH 6", fatback herring glide, and I'm wondering about waiting for the 3:16 glide to come out. Any help is appreciated guys.

I have no idea where you can find a 6" HPH without giving up your first born. :-P  That said I will say the 9" HPH is not too big for your waters. Many of the big gizzard shad in IL and MO are larger than the 9" HPH. I would probably get a Deps 175 or the Gan Craft Jointed Claw 178. Both are good baits that will not break the bank. If your budget is over $100 go get a Roman Made Negotiator.

I just got the 6" hph and really like it it's a fun bait to fish but like stated will be really expensive and hard to get. I have been fishing the 7" fatback and I am really impressed with it. You can fish it any speed but have had the best luck fishing it real erratic. My buddy has been fishing the melosh and he absolutely loves it. IMHO you can't go wrong with any of these 3 baits if your looking for a shad glide.

I've got a Deps 175 and buying a negotiator tomorrow, just not sure wether to get the albino, Ayu, or okiwamesu!! I was looking for more of a shad profile bait and maybe even a bluegill.

I talk to alot of people fishing different shad glide baits. In the smaller ones I hear what G3 basin just said over and over when I ask what else they catch good fish on. Too many for it to be just by chance. If I go buy something else to throw to have something different that would be my first two choices for smaller baits just from what I see and hear.

Don't have experience with a lot of the glides but I promise you'll love a 9" hph. I've seen a 6" and it's definitely an awesome looking bait but I don't believe it's readily available yet. The 9" will get bit anywhere

I've also been looking at the Pizz Shadley... because I'm sure that I'll never get my hands on a HPH :rolleyes:

You can find em, just look they're worth it. I regret every day trading mine but at the same time i got a good thing in return.

As for the shadley and drift, they're work horses. I really enjoyed fishing them but unfortunately they worked a lil too well in the salt as well and a toothy critter took them home. But keep an eye on those too