I've got this pretty sick rod I need some opinions about throwing swim baits on it!

Makeig

So my uncle has this rod company called OC rods out of orange county CA.  They make a really nice, high quality product that I LOVE.  Only problem is the rods are more so directed to deep sea. (yellow tail, blue fin, etc...) He has hooked me up over the years with some of their high end stuff.  I dont get much of a chance to go out deep sea that often and was wondering if i could pick up a nice calcutta reel and throw my swimbaits on this rod.  specs printed on the rod are 7,0 xhf I would assume that to mean extra heavy.  I am trying to get him to make a dedicated swimbait rod, he is so swamped rite now that he can only do so much.  Thanks for any feedback guys.

post-24638-0-22014600-1436983417_thumb.jpg

post-24638-0-77402000-1436983433_thumb.jpg

I am on the Pro Staff (SORTA IF THERE WAS ONE)

These Rods are SO AWESOME!! 

I use the smaller INSHORE as my light-Med swim bait Rod for LMB ... 

If there's one thing I can say about those blue rods , THEY ARE BULLET PROOF!

I've broken so many other rods, SHIMANO,LOOMIS, BLANKS, ect...

I've closed these "OC" RODS in my door multiple times , ran through bushes , evading security... 

SO STRONG ! 

Here's A HOG on the Gantarel caught in MONTANA STATE! just a couple off state record a few weeks ago..

Jimmy Summers 

"CREATOR" , the worlds most technically advanced swimbait series.. 

Rite on man that's awesome. Are you in ca? If so do you know my uncle tony hale? I'm probably going to have to switch it up from the one I've got like you say. It's extremely heavy duty haha. I'll check that inshore series out. Thanks for the advice!

You don't think it looks a little suspect when you show up on a public site asking about rods your uncle apparently makes and the first reponse is from Jimmy Pro Staff touting the effectiveness of said product?

Had it not looked like freaking spam I would not have called it as such.

Anyway, welcome to the Underground. You'll enjoy it here I'm sure.

Oh you think I'm the spam!? Haha it really is my uncles company's business I really do love his product. . I have no idea who jimmy prostaff is or if he's even legit. My question was and still stands would it even be worth it to rig this rod I have up for swimbaits. Because I'm new to all this and didn't want to drop a bunch of money on a reel for a rod I currently have and end up not having it work out for me. Why would I be spamming a swimbait forum with a company that doesn't even really make a swimbait Rod...?

7' is not adequate for most swimbait applications. The actual rating on the rod doesn't tell much from the picture and is subject to the whim of the rod builder.

The best bet is to put a reel on it, tie a bait on it and start casting with varying degrees of "oomph." You'll know if it can or can't handle it.

Thanks that's the kind of insight i was hoping for out of more experienced guys. I guess your rite I could go ahead and pick up the reel. If it doesn't work out with this Rod I could either get something else that will work better from my uncle or pick up a proven swimbait Rod.

These rods look sweet. It is about time saltwater folks are thinking about sb market, been buying cabelas salt strikers for years now. If salmon rods have been promoted as sb rods why not salty ones?

Thats what im telling him! But as of rite now he is too busy to take on another line or even market his rods.  I just tell him as soon as hes ready I'm here to help him make it happen.