I just wanted everyone to know......(lifes lesson learned)

floridaswimb8er

I became a super hero last week. I live in Fl but have 18 acres in NC. I was there the last 2 weeks getting my cabin set up. While walking around my 2 acre pond that I caught plenty of bass out of, I noticed someone had lost a bobber. As I bent down to pick it up out of the water, a tip of a small branch went directly into my ear.....past the wax plug and into my brain(not really but it felt like it). I essentially gave myself a lobotomy. It was really painful. Then I got to thinking about how Spiderman got bit by a spider and viola.......I am certain this is going to give me some kind of special power.

So now, with tree DNA in my brain, I am waiting to figure out the extent of my newly acquired powers. So far laying completely still in bed for 8 to 10 hrs a night seems to be one of them.  I took a couple of pucks in a non padded area in a recent ice hockey game  without so much as a bruise, so maybe I am developing a bark like protection. I hope I can translate this to swimbaits.

I've always had the ability to "leave" after telling a bad joke. But seriously, that hurt, be careful of your surroundings. If it happened on my home waters, I would have laid down and been eaten by a family of rabid otters or a gator in the time it took me to get my wits back. My wife heard me say "Holy F" and she was like a half mile away when it happened.

But seriously, that hurt, be careful of your surroundings. If it happened on my home waters, I would have laid down and been eaten by a family of rabid otters or a gator in the time it took me to get my wits back. My wife heard me say "Holy F" and she was like a half mile away when it happened.

Sage words - you could easily ruin a hard-won swimbait outing by injuring yourself if you're not aware of your surroundings, especially at night!

Lesson learned. Im always aware. Extra careful walking down chunk rock banks I fish a lot. Easy to go in the drink...and I cant swim.

I slipped many times walking along rip rap shores only paying attention to the water. Tackle would meet rocks on the way down.

I stepped on a goose nest on accident fishing the bank and got into a brawl with momma goose and ended up getting legally banned from a city park. Throughout the court system and fines I realized that watching your surrounding is pretty important yup.