Triple trout beating itself up

Thetoxicjon

I pulled the trigger on a triple trout last week. I took it fishing for a total of 3hours(maybe 120 casts) so basically pretty new

It seems like the paint on the joint is chipping off already. Is that normal for these baits?

Also, the top treblehook grabs the line on alot of casts.

Just trying to see if you guys had these issues and maybe any other tips on throwing it to prevent hook tangle and stuff

Thanks

post-25057-0-91730700-1440512049_thumb.jpg

That's normal.  It's a tool to catch fish.  It's not going to look pretty forever.  Some of my best producing baits are the ones with little to no paint left on them.  In fact, paint often times is to catch fishermen and not the fish.

Paint chipping at the joints like that is very common. Don't stress it too much, because it doesn't deter the fish from smashing the bait. My TT looks like I put it in a blender, still catches fish just as well as when it was brand new. If your having issues with the trebles catching the line, try a more controlled lob cast. Whenever I have that issue, I just slow it down a bit and try to be more methodical with the cast, usually does the trick. 

Make smoother casts and the front hook won't foul as much. Try to get it to tumble less.

Also, adding a bit of thumb to the spool towards the end of the cast (before the lure hits the water) can get it to turn over and face the right direction before it lands.

Make smoother casts and the front hook won't foul as much. Try to get it to tumble less.

Also, adding a bit of thumb to the spool towards the end of the cast (before the lure hits the water) can get it to turn over and face the right direction before it lands.

Going off of this, with smaller baits like the tt i do the lob and thumb trick, but also pull up with the rod tip about 12-32 inches to make a nice smooth breaking system. Turns the bait around as stated before and makes a more gentle impact with the water, which can also cause the front hook to foul up.

If you need a visual of that check out the romanmade2009 channel on youtube and he does that with all of his casts as well.