Just a brief summary of options with the Rising Son

buttaluns

And one other thing that I do with all of the 3:16 softbaits that utilize a treble hook:

Bend the barb down on the hook you want to insert so it doesn't rip up the plastic and Sharpie that one point so u know which is which

Definitely not a bad idea at all ;)

To add to what has been already said...

Definitely a confidence bait for me, at a certain lake i fish, it's responsible for at least half of all swimbait fish i've caught there. For me, the 8" takes the cake, although the 6.5 can be deadly too. I really like a slow roll, as slow as i can but still making the tail kick. One way i "jump start" the tail, is let it sink out, one quick rip and SLOW roll. Most of the fish i catch grab the head, though i've had some tail shots.

One thing i like to do is take the split ring off, and hook the bait a little further back with the treble, maybe 1/2 an inch. It keeps the head pointed slightly down, and for me keeps the bait down better when fishing slow. Keep in mind the bait will tear faster this way...

This bait is versatile! it SKIPS like a mother. sometimes at ponds just to have fun, i see how many times i can skip it...lol. Very good bait for overhangs/stick-ups. It also will jump. Reel it up towards the surface and give it a good rip, jumps right up!

Fish it! it works. Personal favorite is the 8" in bait fish!

Heres one GOOD fish i lost on video (8" baitfish) :oops:

A few fish...

post-73-14252985531444_thumb.jpg

post-73-14252985531863_thumb.jpg

Geoff

And one other thing that I do with all of the 3:16 softbaits that utilize a treble hook:

Bend the barb down on the hook you want to insert so it doesn't rip up the plastic and Sharpie that one point so u know which is which

Just pick up a jar of the 3:16 soft bait glue.

I got some, along with mend it and huddlebond. It just helps to slow the tearing even more.

• 1 month later...

love that bait, caught a bunch of fish on it , it only has one flaw:

to many followers !:_), drives me insane to see a DD take a looksee and then slowly sink away, i tried rippin the bait , slowing down more but no dice....

i gues w a lesser bait i wouldn't even get them to check it out but its darn frustratin'!

Haven't caught anything yet, but the Rising son and Huds are my favorite soft baits to throw right now.

Mickey did a great job designing the Rising Son, because so far I haven't lost any RS to a snag (knock on wood), where I've snagged some grass with my Huds every other trip and lost one so far.

Good info.. thanks. i have always fished an osprey.. so this week i got my first package of rising sons.. what a difference. price action and quality of design and build make ospreys obsolete. i wont blow my skrilla on other baits of this type again. Kinda irratated it took me this long to order some!