Hudd Jig Hook question

biggfeast

I haven't been fishing Hudds much as of late, maybe been about 2yrs, but I'm planning to get back to them this winter. When I did fish them I only used the Butch Brown rig.

I was wondering if I should BB rig again or does the stock jig hook work well enough.

BB rig worked well, but almost all of them would develop that big cut where the hook is placed in the back and it became a pain having to mend the rubber back together and would lose some fishing time. I'd like to know if the jig hook is good enough.

Anybody that used/uses the stock jig hook, I'd like to hear your experiences.

Thanks

I only use the jig hook.

Especially now that Huddleston has the top hook ROF 5 modle.

The baits (too me) move through the rocks better and give more solid hook ups. Only when the hooks is ground down to uselessness, do I cut it off and BB rig it.

I only use the jig hook.

Especially now that Huddleston has the top hook ROF 5 modle.

The baits (too me) move through the rocks better and give more solid hook ups. Only when the hooks is ground down to uselessness, do I cut it off and BB rig it.

Thanks for the input. I'm gonna give the jig hooks a go this winter and see how they perform.

Just hoping I don't lose a giant in doing so lol

I use the jig hook on all of mine and haven't had a problem losing fish....yet anyway. Lol. When they eat it, they choke it down far enough that they aren't coming off. Plus I think the treble hook does more damage on a deep hooked fish as well. Just my opinion anyway.