new Deps slideswimmer 250

crappie25

i rather catch 20 4#er to 1 10+ just my opinion

Doesn't sound like something a person would say if they've caught a 10#

That's a theory for tournament fishing...5 4# fish will win you a better spot than 1 #10 agreed...but you'll get more satisfaction and praise knowing you got the DD...imo

First of all, have you ever caught a 10# LM? Second, you do realize you have joined a swimbait site right? I don't think you have your priorities straight and are a true dedicated swimbait fisherman...

Definitely the wrong site for you then. No offense meant at all.

Yes, many people have had plenty of success on the slide swimmers, they are excellent baits for trophy fish and they will catch the occasional 4 pounder or smaller.

Good luck in your fishing endeavors.

I mean u did pick a "crappie" screen name...Those are usually the bait we're tossing here...I've had plenty of 8" bass kill a jerk bait...it sucks...that's more common than the 4#er anyway with those baits...so glad I started swimbaiting...even in a slump I'm glad the tiny fish swim away from a 250

Swimbaits are not for everyone. There's a time and place for every bait. 99% of the time I'm throwing swimbaits even if it's not the time or place to throw it. I've caught bass barely bigger than the swimbait I'm throwing. There's certain ponds that are pretty much drop shot ponds, so if we want to catch a bass, that's what we throw. But day in and day out its all about swimbaits. I'll go weeks without getting bites and see followers and just go crazy, but it's so much fun when you finally get a bass to commit. That's the fun of swimbait fishing. It's not for everyone, but for those that stick to it, there's a much greater reward than just sticking a bunch of fish on a piece of plastic. Just my $.02.

No giants caught yet on east coast at least not in the northeast. Bait is west coast thing imo but we keep trying.

I think Eric Aske has caught some nice bass on it in the Midwest. Seems to me that everyone in the NE doesn't throw much other than a Pat's Perch or Pat's Trout...

I think Eric Aske has caught some nice bass on it in the Midwest. Seems to me that everyone in the NE doesn't throw much other than a Pat's Perch or Pat's Trout...

I can see why there is an impression that the NorEast guys only throw Pat's baits, but the folks I know up here also use all the other usual swimbaits: Slammers, Hardgills, Hudds, Deps 250 and other glides, rats, punkers, etc, etc.

And If you can't get bit on a 250 up here, you must be fishing in a swimming pool. Bass are bass.