Laces out Hinkle!

CJS2500

Out of all the baits I have bought from bait makers. I have to say the Mattlures has the best service there is. Hands down. Dude says he's going to do something, and he does it. No missed promises come from Matt. Quality baits and quality service.

I know in the world of swimbaiting I'm nobody special...however mattlures has always responded in beyond timely fashion directly to me...with tips on how to maintain my baits etc...when I had a problem he sent me parts or offered to fix it if needed...Matt also makes phenomenal looking and performing baits at a price better than some...ill happily throw Matt's baits over many others...just mho...

i'll second the good vibes about matt.  I broke a gen 1 gill that I bought on here, mailed it to him, he fixed it, matched the paint, and mailed it back within about a week.  didn't charge me a dime, wouldn't even let me cover shipping.  

we all know the quality of his baits is top notch, and his paint jobs are top notch, especially on these newer batches of baits.  but really for me, i'd support matt over any other bait maker because of the way that he treats his customers.  I guess i assisted in getting some topics locked recently for being a negative nancy so I feel due diligence to point out the good side of the industry, Matt is on the ball in the integrity department, literally can not imagine better service.

I had been looking for a billed Hardgill and this summer a member posted one on Black Market. However the bait was disassembled- just had the 3 body sections and the bill as separate pieces. I dropped a note to Matt to see if he would sell me the 2 pins and 3 screw eyes that were missing. Instead, Matt told me to mail the pieces to him. He put the bait together, touched up the paint, and shipped it back to me in a week and didn't ask a dime. It's no wonder he has loyal customers.

I have also had good experiences with Mike Shaw sent him a slammer with a broken bill didn't charge me even after several attempts to pay him for fixing it and shipping he even touched up the bait a bit and threw in some extra tails all within a week of my first email to him

As others have said, we can always vote with our $$$.  I've worked directly with Mike Shaw a few times to get custom Slammers made and have also had very positive experiences with Clayton Bryant of  CL8-Bait.  They will definitely continue to get my business and I've let them know personally and on public forums how much I appreciate their customer service.

Im pretty sure cats have it twisted. If people think Hinkle is sitting on $$ and not hustling to get stuff done i think they are sadly mistaken. If working fulltime and then heading to a shop that he has to rent, to grind out hundreds of baits, to fill orders so he can start a new list, to fill more orders isnt enough for people then i dont know what would be. Sitting on baits when there are hundreds more potential orders to fill, that much more money to make is very unlikely. a guy can only do so much, but i guess thats not enough

My issue isn't that he isn't working hard enough to get baits done, it's that he is blatantly lying about when baits are being shipped. from what I understand, some of the baits still haven't even been made. It's well into December and those baits were supposed to be out the door 3 months ago. Gonna still be a while til they go out, but we will keep hearing "this week".

Well, heres a better idea..... Make 1000 baits then take names, its not that hard. Instead, you think the better idea is you take the money then "slowly" make the baits to basically taunt the customers? No it just doesnt make sense.... you are at fault, and then the customer is wrong for not being patient enough???? hahahahah. Comical.

Well, heres a bejtter idea..... Make 1000 baits then take names, its not that hard. Instead, you think the better idea is you take the money then "slowly" make the baits to basically taunt the customers? No it just doesnt make sense.... you are at fault, and then the customer is wrong for not being patient enough???? hahahahah. Comical.

Idk how much money it costs to buy parts/materials and overhead for 1000 baits, but it could be some stiff cash upfront.

Maybe that's why they take the preorders? Not tryna disagree, but just a thought.

Never good to lie about ship dates if you have people's hard earned money tho

Make 1000 baits? bwahahahaa ok. people can just wait a year for baits. batching out very large runs is a bit different. This is probably gonna be how it goes.. there are savage gear glides readily available. Waiting sucks, but its not gonna stop people from signing up during the pre order, so this cycle will continue. dry your tears, I promise, life will go on

Edited by Ceaser