anybody try these yet??

floridaswimb8er

I'm all for competition and a free market. However, I will never support a larger company(Castaic) that copies the design of a small company(Mike Bucca) and mass produces some piece of ish. Be a stand up person and support Mike Bucca, get a bull shad... its better anyways.

One of the valuable things Tackle Warehouse brings to the table is the Customer Reviews section for the products they carry. Not every review is accurate, but read a bunch of them and you get a decent idea of the product or the company. Take a couple of minutes and check the reviews for the other Castaic products - there is a general theme of quality problems.

Well let me ask this, in this particular industry, which is a niche type industry where manufacturers strive to closely mimic baitfish and forage......is every shad or herring or trout or gill imitation a copy of the first guy's model? Not trying to be an a$$hole here, but where does one draw the line on that? I pour my own soft plastics......there are essentially a finite amount of different shapes and sizes one can use......I wouldn't consider any straight worm to necessarily be a rip off of the original Crème worm. I've read into this and I do know the allegations on Castiac copying baits in the past, but I wanted to get a little bit of feedback from the guys who buy baits.

Wasn't the issue with the Bullshad similar to this......the bait was said to be copied from HPH? If more than one guy makes a segmented swimbait that is 5" or 6" long and resemble a shad, is he copying the original?

Problem with everyones argument here is one very simple thing. Mike Bucca was on the prostaff of Reaction Strike. Reaction Strike is owned by the same guy. When the company scanned a Huddleston Body to 1mm tolerance guess who was the very first guy to jump at a chance to be on the Prostaff and defend the owner of the company and the bait. LOL. Mike "Knockoff" Bucca. You see hard baits swim with the vortex created off the joints which Castaic improved. They also improved the bait on the pause where it stays straight and doesn't fold up and sink. Mike Bucca defended the company changing the tail so if you use logic changing the joints on a scanned bait is the same thing it being a hard bait. I have about 20 screeenshots of Mike Bucca defending knockoffs and talking about knockoffs I saved from years ago incase I ever went to court.

Throw in the shockboat fish and the history of his company and to say you want to buy something from a non knockoff company who is supposedly more honest. I am just sitting here shaking my head about some of the stuff you guys fall for.

I cant stand mike shads either,my personal opinion is that they are overrated and it just dont fit my style . But then again there are a lot of overated swimbaits out there Im not that guy thats gonna kiss a bait makers ass just to get me a bait(way to much of this these days) . But I do love seeing bait makers being called out like this Randall .