line

WVOEKS54

will i be able to throw smaller bait such as the hudd 6" on 25lb line

You can, but you shouldn't. You can get away with using 20lb maxima for both, but a 6" hudd is barely a swimbait and your flippin stick will do fine. I used to fish it on 15lb flouro and it was a good match. What line you start with depends on your water, be more specific. 25lb is great for getting started anywhere, learn how to cast with that and adjust from there.

I don't use ANYTHING everyone else uses, so I think :lol:

Just pick one and fish. I'm not sure line makes that big of a difference other then casting off a bait :lol: . I mean look at ALL................. the so many ways to use combos of line braid and you name it. Seems they all catch fish so does it make that big of a difference? Well, we seem to think so huh :lol::lol:

You will like one and keep it or you wont and change.

I prefer 20 for the smaller ones and anywhere from 20- 30 for the 8 inch baits. I am going to be trying that Seaguar Abrazx Fluorocarbon soon though on one of my reels for the Hudds and the slow sinking baits. For Mono though, I like a few different types, but Izor XXX has been my go to line lately.

I agree with Don, just pick one and go fish! :D Personally I have changed several times this past year trying a number of things. I think rod choice also plays a role in line selection as well. Stiffer fast action rods with mono seem to work well for some guys. I have been liking a more parabolic moderate action rod with Braid/Flouro leader. It's all a personal choice and what works for you and your style of fishing. ;)

For hudds, ospreys, and mid depth to bottom baits Ive been using flouro the last two years. On a slow retrieve I feel the bottom better and the bites better.

For floating baits and spendy hard baits its mono for me. 20-30lb Big Game hasnt let me down. I've had great luck with the CXX also.

I am fishing 15-25lb abrazx or invizx most of the time. I will use some big game and braid when fishing topwaters or baits I need some lift on to keep them up at slower speeds. I will use 65-80 braid for very heavy vegatation where I have to reel the fish over or through thick heavy grass mats or pads.