Show us your boat

Nufo

I guess I'll put up my rig. My brother and I were able to get this boat last year. It's an 83 skeeter starfire 18.5" with a 175 Merc.

I actually found it on Craigslist and the guy was in Camarillo, CA. I'm in Fresno so it was a little bit of a drive. But, I was able to trade the guy a gun for it straight across. (It was a nice gun) but I ended up paying nothing for it. It is in great shape and runs great. I get 64 mph (GPS) out of it right now. Not bad for an old beater!

I really lucked out on this deal and I think I may have stole this boat out from under a few of you SoCal boys! :lol: He was only asking $2500 for it!

post-979-14252988616542_thumb.jpg

Oh, and check out that hull number. Does it get any cooler than that?

I guess I'll put up my rig. My brother and I were able to get this boat last year. It's an 83 skeeter starfire 18.5" with a 175 Merc.

I actually found it on Craigslist and the guy was in Camarillo, CA. I'm in Fresno so it was a little bit of a drive. But, I was able to trade the guy a gun for it straight across. (It was a nice gun) but I ended up paying nothing for it. It is in great shape and runs great. I get 64 mph (GPS) out of it right now. Not bad for an old beater!

I really lucked out on this deal and I think I may have stole this boat out from under a few of you SoCal boys! :lol: He was only asking $2500 for it!

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Oh, and check out that hull number. Does it get any cooler than that?

Drool!!!

I sold most of my boats some years ago before moving to Alaska. When I got back I picked up a 15 footer that I used sporatically here in Florida but just never got back into it like I used to be. Then I sold that one and picked up this 2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14. I couldn't be happier!! This thing is a machine and is crazy capable. There are horizontal rod holders for six rods, two more vertical rod holders, storage for more gear than I care to pack around, it's rigged with a Humminbird 587ci HD DI sounder, and never runs out of gas! I'll be coming to Northern California with it in June and will be around for 4 years. Hoping to get plenty of use out of it out there on Clear Lake, Berryessa, and the Delta. See ya next month!!

HobiePA14_zpsdeab6f4a.jpg

I figure Id post this here instead of making a new thread..

Q: Does or anyone know how hard it is to re wire a small boat trailer? My wires on my tailer look a little old and when I connect the trailer to my truck the lights aren't working.

I need just basic brake and signal.

Q: Does or anyone know how hard it is to re wire a small boat trailer? My wires on my tailer look a little old and when I connect the trailer to my truck the lights aren't working.

I have no personal experience with that in particular but I'd assume its really sttaight forward.

I had a similar problem. It ended up being a fuse. Check your fuse box.

I buy the kits and have done it twice.

Trust me, if I can do it so can you. I'm terrible with that kind of stuff.

Hahaha! Yeah I'm going to buy a kit and my uncles going to show me how to do it. I'm kind of interested in learning. I've been looking online at diagrams and it seems straight forward. Just running the wire seems tough.

Just running the wire seems tough.

running the wires through the trailer will be the hardest part. I replaced my trailer lights last year and they worked well for a while. Now they're getting temperamental. Like you, I might have to redo the whole kit. I will say this, if you're going to buy a full kit, spend a little more and get something decent or, like me, you're going to be dealing with cheap lights that don't work half the time. :lol: