BUT, DID YOU EVER.....

ATFISHING1234

Once lost a pike rod off the side of the boat (100 miles north of Kenora, Ontario) in about 30 foot of water. We tried to jig for the rod with no luck. Never planned on getting it back due to the current.

About 3 days later, a guide came into the lodge with a rod he caught while Walleye jigging, the exact rod we lost. He offered the rod back, but told him to keep it... took it as a sign that the rod belonged with him.

A couple weeks ago I got my swimbait stuck on something during the retrieve. I eventually got it unstuck and when I got the swimbait out of the water I noticed it was attached to a big Yo-Zuri Jerkbait.The jerkbait was in good condition so I kept it and added it to my collection.

hi guys,

i fished a mk2 practice, dragging the river bottom with a soft swimbait!!!

I was reeling my lure, I felt a weight, then I raised the rod and it fell on the shore, the noise metalheavy froze my blood quick

i2rfpw.jpg

Edited by sandro r+

In 2012 I went fishing at a river close to me just on the shore line.  I didn't catch this but down by the water line about 5 feet away I saw a t-shirt that was knotted up in a ball size (mini-basketball size) and I could see a few singles and some change showing through. Curious if there was more money there, i cut it open and to my surprise I found a very interesting concoction of stuff.   The large ball shape was infact a coconut, there were also some charcoal briquettes, 2 one dollar bills and some change, a ziplock bag of seeds (opium) and 2 golfball sized packages of cocaine in individual bags.  

Right where I was fishing there is a bridge on one of the major highways that runs in and out of Chicago (US 90) and my guess is that some local dealers were getting chased by IL State Police and launched it out of their car.  Well dummies, coconuts float and charcoal disintegrates so your "stuff" ended up just floating to shore. I suppose maybe that was the plan to go back and retrieve it but in river that is over a football field wide in that spot, your chances of finding it woudl be slim.

I reported it to the cops, they came and took it away.  I didn't catch $hit that day either.

Edited by MarkH024

me and my son caught this on Tuesday. I have no idea what it is

I think it's a really old brush hog that has been expanding from exposure. I've found a few of them before.... either that, or giant knock off brush hogs that I would like to find.

Is that a grenade?

Yes! Than I call the police they close the whole area and the street near the river till the bombsquad arrive... I live in italy after the end of world war 2 a lot of arms and weapons were thrown into rivers, so sometimes it happens to fish them!

Yes! Than I call the police they close the whole area and the street near the river till the bombsquad arrive... I live in italy after the end of world war 2 a lot of arms and weapons were thrown into rivers, so sometimes it happens to fish them!

ok..you win.  :-o  :-o

About friends that lost some stuff here are my two cents.

One time my friend lost his rod from the boat... we saw it sinking to the lake bottom, belive me I made just two cast and fish the rod. So keeping the rod in my hand I said my bro "the reel is full of water i will cast to put away the water and dry it" one cast and i land on boat 10lb pike!!!!

Second story, my bro lost his rapala fat rap escaping from the snap so I put on my line a clankin rap 1 oz lipless in order to catch it casting... just a few cast and I hooked a beautifull 9lb walleye... unbelivable!!!

Edited by sandro r+