When to throw my slammer

DanTheFisher

Hey first time poster on here i bought a 9" slammer last March and have never really got into fishing it much, I tried but just lack the confidence. What are your guys confidence areas throwing the bait? Is it over points, cover or around docks? And what's your favorite conditions and times of year to throw it. I really wanna stick a pig on this bait this year, I'm determined to only take this bait to the lake a couple times to make myself fish it.

I first had a 7 and was shocked the first few trips out and how small of a fish would hit it switched to the 9in and never looked back same small fish will hit it but most times it a good one I did still keep on 7in for when there's smalies around and they still got the 9in too

Don't be afraid to crank it underwater either. Sometimes the bass prefer that retrieve versus surface waking. The 9" size will catch plenty of 2 pounders along with much bigger fish so don't worry about it being too big. Its a pretty easy swimbait to learn.