Weedless Rising Son Rolling

IsaacM619

Has anyone else had a chance to use these? Got mine, watched Mickys video and Zoolanders, yet mine keeps rolling and coming in sideways. I've taken the hook out and responsitioned multiple times and got it to run straight on a fast retrieve but when I slow it down it rolls on its side. Now that I've torn through 2 baits looking for advice. Using 20lb maxima line.

post-24557-0-49913700-1456183406_thumb.jpeg

post-24557-0-87353100-1456183421_thumb.jpeg

post-24557-0-46109400-1456183471_thumb.jpeg

It looks like you have the hook rigged perfect .. The only thing I can think of is when you tightend down the screw lock you screwed it down to tight without the hook being able to move freely? Not even sure if that would cause the rolling .. Just throwing it out there .. I am at a loss on this one ..

#20 Flouracarbon is key I fish mine at  5:6.1 or on a 6:2.1 reel  just a steady retrive so its making a wake just under the surface. This has been the most productive method for me.

I mark the bait with a sharpie where the hook goes in right in the middle of the bait and again on top where it needs to come out with another dot. Start the hook point in the bottom dot and have the point come out through the top dot.This gives you great alignment. That way there is no guess work or having to redo it. You will be spot on each time.

Mono is most likely the only thing you will need to change.

Hope this helps

Edited by Lurejerk

Just sent 3:16 a email addressing your concerns and they will get back to you.

+1 they respond very quick I had a problem right after I placed an order sent them an email they got back to me in under an hour

Buy some lead tape or the lead wire used in fly tying and wrap it on the hook shank. Sometimes you just need a very small amount to stabilize the swim. Small amounts won't have much effect on the fall rate.

Doesn't look centered to me.  As Waynem said a little lead tape/wire will help.

Edited by reelfish

Bottom looks centered,  but the top definitely does not.  That would cause swim issues for sure.  As others have suggested, lead tape or a little wire couldn't hurt if it still rolls once you get the hook placed perfectly.

UPDATE....So I gotta say, you need the screw pin to be PERFECT!! Its odd when you stick the pin center, then as you screw the nose in it sorta goes sideways, weird. I actually had to put the pin in to the side a little then as I screwed the bait on it straightened up. Got it to swim almost perfect. I was using mono but I am going to switch to floro and see if that helps even more. Definitely a weedless bait, swam through some mats and it slid through like a champ.  

So I am thinking it's something with the white baits. So I ended up getting the JC special and the white. Rig up the JC and with a slight adjustment, it's running true. I rig up the white one exactly the same and it's rolling on it's left side. Anyways tinkered with the bait for about 45 min (having to repair numerous times along the way) but I finally got it to swim true. I had to put the screw lock slightly higher and left. Then the hook went in slightly off center as well, but it's now swimming true. Hopefully it's just this one bait. Btw, I didn't try the second white bait. Will do so the next time out.