Ms slammer

Spottedbass68

Clear water is a must for perfect days. Seems to be the biggest factor for me, anyway. Hard to say the best conditions. I have caught 45+ fish in the fall on nights near full moon. We have had 35+ fish days in mid-summer on sunny days with no wind. There has almost been no pattern as to where I catch them, tho. At my favorite slammer lake, we get them literally in 1 fow, over 20 fow and everywhere in between. Over cabbage beds, rockpiles, shallow sand with docks, shallow flats with nothing, along docks and floats are great, over channel drops. I doubled up last summer on with a 4lber and a 3.5lber on each hook on a 2' flat with nothing nearby. I have caught fish so shallow on them, I was actually casting as shallow as I could, to show myself that there would NOT be a fish there. There was.

Spring summer or fall. Shallow or deep. There really isn't any perfect conditions like Jesse said. One of my best days was in the middle of the day in the summer with no wind. Very versatile.

Welllllll....Adam is kind of a slammer noob ;) Lol...jk. When Adam talks slammers, people listen...

Welllllll....Adam is kind of a slammer noob ;) Lol...jk. When Adam talks slammers, people listen...

You're not too bad with a slammer yourself Jesse haha. A lot of days bringing one rod and one bait to force myself to figure out how to catch fish in different situations on a slammer. It's my go to bait even in tournaments. I find that the slammer is best when it's casted away from shore when everyone else is casting at the shore haha

You're not too bad with a slammer yourself Jesse haha. A lot of days bringing one rod and one bait to force myself to figure out how to catch fish in different situations on a slammer. It's my go to bait even in tournaments. I find that the slammer is best when it's casted away from shore when everyone else is casting at the shore haha

Nothing beats crushing fish in a T on a slammer and knowing the competition doesnt have a prayer lol

Shane, the Slammer is on my top ten list. I feel I can throw a slammer any time of the year and anticipate it STOPPING during any part of the retrieve. To me, dosent matter what time, weather condition, depth of water, or, clarity. Seems to me, the large eyes & the clickity clack of the body segments hitting together helps call the bass closer to take a look. And then those eyes....., after the short staring contest...CRUSH !!