Youngster looking for help

Campobassmaster

Wonder what his parents would think if they saw this thread?

Probably nothing. As a parent myself, I see a lot of my peers with kids that have no business having kids. People are so wrapped up in themselves and social media it's sickening. Needless to say I've detached myself from individuals like that now as has my wife.

I hope they do see this but they won't. Many parents don't know what their own kids are up to these days.

BigSlant.....I think you're trying to see the good in everyone...a good trait, by the way. But go back and read the opening post of this thread again....it's a load of crap. His Parents REFUSE to support his fishing, he has to work to HELP his family, he doesn't even have $100 for a Deps 250.

Then somewhere he states his family is wealthy, another thread he has $150 for a setup, he refers to himself as a "youngster".......kid is a total manipulater that thinks we are idiots. Social media at it's best, say what you want, no reprocussions.

It's a nice gesture you gave him some baits, shows your character but tells me nothing about his. He should take the baits, fish them, and lay low for awhile.

yeah Doug I know what he said..he definitely has taken advantage of the site and members..it's an entitlement thing for sure..I live near him and know the neighborhood he lives in is affluent..his parents probably think fishing is gross..I'm just trying to give him the benefit of doubt but he's definitely making things hard for himself lol..I'm not defending him I'm just trying to make myself feel better for lining the pockets of the fat cats!

I think cheap big soft plastic might be your best as well making your own you can hit up craiglist for day jobs when i lived in smalltown there was framers looking for young kids with strongbacks to buck hay. But the good part is you dont have to pay rent and bills so the money you get can be put into this hobby. And picking up any lose change can help i did that for three months without spending it and had over a hundred dollars and thats without a job

I would like to clarify all of this and put an end to this thread in hopes to put myself in a better light as I did not mean to come off so poorly.

- Anthony, once again thank you for the baits--- I am very excited and thank you for getting where I come from. After reading what you said I truly realize that I do come off as eager and too quick and need to slow myself down and respect older anglers who have jobs and support families which I do. You have been a great help outside of the forums too

-- I would like to thank an anonymous donated who would like to stay that way unless he chooses to comment so, thank you thank you thank you for the baits you sent. I would like to say that he told me to trade the baits if they do not work at my local waters which some don't, and I would never sell or flip them, only trade which is what he said to do.

-- I also would like to clarify why I posted a WTB thing, after losing a bait in a pond that I am currently trying to retrieve, my family decided that since I have gotten good grades in summer school and have helped out a lot around the yard and with my fathers business they are willing to invest some money to get me the proper gear and they know about me getting these baits and believe I did not need to but that those who gave me them are very generous people. I also happened to have sold off a few of my favorite possesions to possibly buy myself gear, which my family hasn't allowed me to sell until now when I talked to them about what I truly want to do

- I would like to apologize to all of those who I have made angry or have given a wrong impression of myself to, I am not blaming it on my young age and impulsiveness, I take full responsibility I won't be blaming my parents or any outside possible sources as to my behaviors. I would like to say sorry for all of the dismay I have caused and would like to possibly put myself in a better light with the SBU community because many of you if not all of you are great people, especially those I have personally talked to or messaged with. I do come from an affluent neighborhood and have finally negotiated with my family a way that I can either go and work a job for money or get rewarded by them, we are contrary to popular belief republicans here in California and my dad wants me to learn the value of hard work, which I know seems ironic but I tried to state that I am willing to work for baits and I have worked more hours over my summer so far than I have gotten to do anything else.

-if anyone has some concerns questions or needs for clarification or possible advice I would love if you could give it to me over email or text instead of here as I believe this thread is no longer needed..

-again SBU, I am very sorry for all of this and would like to redeem myself in some way as I would like to stay with this forum

(510)780-6785

Jjbrown1212@gmail.com

FYI, you're "paid" by your parents every damn day you wake up with a roof over your head and the ability to put food in your face. Suck it up and stop making excuses.

I saw a pat on the back referenced earlier. I think a good swift kick a little further south would do you some more good.

Good luck.

Holy moly, somebody felt sorry for the guy and forget to check grades first before sending em baits... I thought we went through that discussion with that other kid lifting 8s with his 250....What a faux pax!. Lol ....just kidding guy, I am kinda liking you more...

Edited by bigpoppabass

I would like to clarify all of this and put an end to this thread in hopes to put myself in a better light as I did not mean to come off so poorly.

- Anthony, once again thank you for the baits--- I am very excited and thank you for getting where I come from. After reading what you said I truly realize that I do come off as eager and too quick and need to slow myself down and respect older anglers who have jobs and support families which I do. You have been a great help outside of the forums too

-- I would like to thank an anonymous donated who would like to stay that way unless he chooses to comment so, thank you thank you thank you for the baits you sent. I would like to say that he told me to trade the baits if they do not work at my local waters which some don't you figured this out after 24 hours?, and I would never sell or flip them, only trade which is what he said to do.

-- I also would like to clarify why I posted a WTB thing, after losing a bait in a pond that I am currently trying to retrieve, my family decided that since I have gotten good grades in summer school and have helped out a lot around the yard and with my fathers business they are willing to invest some money to get me the proper gear good grades? Yard work? Willing to Invest? sounds like entitlement and they know about me getting these baits and believe I did not need to but that those who gave me them are very generous people. I also happened to have sold off a few of my favorite possesions to possibly buy myself gear, which my family hasn't allowed me to sell until now when I talked to them about what I truly want to do

- I would like to apologize to all of those who I have made angry or have given a wrong impression of myself to, I am not blaming it on my young age and impulsiveness, I take full responsibility I won't be blaming my parents or any outside possible sources as to my behaviors. I would like to say sorry for all of the dismay I have caused and would like to possibly put myself in a better light with the SBU community because many of you if not all of you are great people, especially those I have personally talked to or messaged with. I do come from an affluent neighborhood and have finally negotiated with my family a way that I can either go and work a job for money or get rewarded by them please stop, I can't take it, we are contrary to popular belief republicans here in California and my dad wants me to learn the value of hard work, which I know seems ironic but I tried to state that I am willing to work for baits and I have worked more hours over my summer so far than I have gotten to do anything else.

-if anyone has some concerns questions or needs for clarification or possible advice I would love if you could give it to me over email or text instead of here as I believe this thread is no longer needed..

-again SBU, I am very sorry for all of this and would like to redeem myself in some way as I would like to stay with this forum

(510)780-6785

Jjbrown1212@gmail.com

Dude....just stop typing...lay low....lurk around quietly....work your way back in slowly......go fishing.

OK...I'll stop busting your stones.

Edited by dmayer88