Question about a swimbait box

Cadenw16

I have seen people storing baits like their 316s in flat, open boxes that don't have compartments. I was looking into to getting a few of these boxes, but haven't had much luck finding a good one. Can anyone help give any recomendations? Thanks in advance for any help

If you don't care about "scratches" I use Plano 3700 deep boxes and just take out all the dividers..small Rubbermaid boxes work great if your storing In a boat..best bang for shore angling is hook protectors and Ziploc bags..less weight more baits

• 2 weeks later...

Or another Great option is a pistol case . The hard case with foam inserts but these are not nearly as space friendly as the su bait wraps . But they are a little bit cheaper . If I were you go with the bait wraps just because they carro more than enough baits and is the most shore angler friendly solution !( fits in the backpack best, and leaves lots of room for water , pliers , sunglasses , scale Ect ...)

Plano box 3731 is a good choice. You can fit a bunch of hard baits and it cheap enough to replace in case you crack the lid. If you are worried about scratched baits get the one with dividers. I have used both extensively in the past.  If that isn't big enough for you get the Plano XXL 7080. Be warned- the XXL is HUGE and will require several baits to fill. 

An in between option is the Flambeai 4510 and remove the dividers. It is a little more and offers rust protection. I used this box on my most recent trip. I liked it so much I ordered a couple more. 

If you don't care about bulk and want to hang you baits get a Lakewood box. I like the concept, but the box is too big. If you bring it on the boat it will not fit in most lockers. It is study enough to stand on. I still have mine, but use it for soft bait storage in the basement. 

Edited by reelfish

Ive used all types of boxes, the best ones are Husky or dewalt small parts organizers that come with removable bins. Can take the bins out and store a ton. They seal well, have floated long enough for recovery when closed and flew out my boat LOL. I leave a bin to hold replacement trebles, rings, suspend strips, nail weight ect. The bins lock in place when the lid is closed and cant fall out or dump their contents. 15$ and it comes with a removable handle and aluminum latches, hard to beat. I use the bait wraps to take the baits im gonna use on my trip since i only usually bring a handful, but these boxes fit in my rear compartments of my old ranger just fine. 

Husky 16-1/2 in. 8-Bin Deep Pro Organizer, Black

post-18401-0-95083300-1469210779_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ceaser

Unless you insist on using something sold as a "tackle box" I suggest hitting up Wal-Mart or target. They have a ton of storage containers in all different sizes/shapes/colors that are good for fishing gear.  I do like deep Plano stowaways for swimbaits too though

I found Flambeau deep/open boxes at walmart for $8. buy a few and keep the baits in their packaging boxes if you are super worried about scratches. its the easiest and cheapest way to store them for the average guy who fishes when he can. Im sure the die hards are screaming at the computer screen right now.

I have a couple different kinds of the Plano boxes and I find that the ones with no dividers I like a bit more. But I did also get one of the SU bait wraps, wasn't 100% for it when I got it but after using it for a few trips it's much better than the plastic boxes.