Hudd rof 5 top hook problems

kirschnerck1

I just recently made an order with Huddleston and I receive my top hook ROF 5 in hitch. After seeing videos of other peoples hudds from the newest batch of top hook rof5 float I tested mine.... and guess what mine floats too. What a disappointment. I contacted Huddleston and I hope they can fix this problem.

Throw some nail weights in and get yourself whatever rof you want. Rof 0 top hook sounds legit. Huddleston continues to fumble. I wonder after all this time with the same design, why all of the sudden would they start making mistakes on their baits? Pretty weird.

I posted my video of it on my IG of the ROF5 Top Hook that I have that floats

Rechecked the package and it's definitely sold as an ROF5, yet floats.

I bought a ROF0 in the past and I honestly think this ROF5 top hook I have floats even better than the 0.

Pretty weird stuff going on at Hudd.

Anywho, I'm gonna tweak out on it and either put some weight in the belly or double Hudd rig it with an ROF12.

What I've learned is that I like hudds during winter. So I order them. Yes, I have had several that most likely shouldn't have passed quality control. But its so easy to mod a hudd and mend that it. I've got multiple ROF 0 I had to buy in a pinch and I drilled into the hudd and used tungsten nail weights to get the ROF I want, then glue in. Just make sure you use a vice and preferably a drill press/steady hand to drill straight in.  Same goes for drilling an RC antenna tube into your hudd, mount BB hook in antenna and lasts forever. 

Edited by scoopdaloop

I have a ROF5 8" from a older batch that has a strange air pocket in the upper back region. Makes the bait swim slightly nose down and actually sinks about ROF3. Possibly my favorite hud for fishing in 6FOW or less.

I have seen photos of similar air pockets in other huds, but end up becoming deformed in high heat. Unless this happens to mine, I plan to keep it and continue fishing it.