KGB bullfrog $$$$$

fishinpunk

There will be a post on the forum before you know it with someone asking what rod will throw their 11 ounce, 2 thousand dollar frog bait. Then somebody will comment "Open to trades?"

60 dollars and some mag drafts?????

Some guys just have that kind of money. When I was starting to get heavy into fishing, back in the early 90s, I met this guy in a sporting goods store I worked at who was just getting into bass fishing. He'd ask me what the best gear was, then he'd buy a dozen Loomis and highest end Shimanos at the time. Back then Lucky Crafts were some of the more pricy baits and he'd but dozens like it was nothing. It's tough not too be a bit jealous of that type of buying power! But I don't recall him ever catching anything to be envious over.

I'd like to think I make good money now, but I can't see spending that much on a single bait, but if I made six figures a month like that guy I knew back in the day, I probably wouldn't hesitate. Those guys can blow $$$ like it's nothing, but they can't buy experience, and knowledge. Reminds me of all those guys last year at this time paying hundreds for a Matt rat... now they're commonly on here for $50 or so ; )

His eBay fee is going to be ridiculous and he will have to pay a PayPal fee. If i were him I would message the winner and ask to do the transaction outside of eBay and through PayPal only, that way he would only have to pay the PayPal fee. I sold a reel on eBay for $170 and the eBay fee was $24 plus around another $15 for the PayPal fee.

i say pay the fee. I'm pretty sure he wasn't thinking it would hit 1500. bet it goes up a few hundred more 

His eBay fee is going to be ridiculous and he will have to pay a PayPal fee. If i were him I would message the winner and ask to do the transaction outside of eBay and through PayPal only, that way he would only have to pay the PayPal fee. I sold a reel on eBay for $170 and the eBay fee was $24 plus around another $15 for the PayPal fee.

Ebay fees are a max of 10% and paypal is 2.5%. Sounds like you were overcharged.

ill wait till he drops them. lets hope because of this they won't be crazy priced. still a sweet bait that i would want to add to my arsenal

He replied to a comment on FB to me about making a smaller version. That beast is 11oz. Much much bigger than anything I throw. A 7-9 inch in ~6 oz would be great.