Swimbait Revolution Who's Going

Lurejerk

Can somebody please explain how Lake Fork wasnt "up to par" and why the tournament was held at Welsh?

Several reasons. The weather had been really nice for about a week but a brutal cold front rolled in at the last minute. I was in shorts the evening before then it was 30 degrees the next morning. The thinking was that a smaller power plant lake would hold up under those conditions better than a huge reservoir like Fork. There were fish on beds in that lake already, so the basic theory was sound.

Second, there are some local haters (including a loud-mouthed cry-baby Lake Fork guide) who were actively trying to f*ck with the tournament. Changing the location helped make them irrelevant.

While I would have loved to fish Fork, I think they made the right decision. It was a roll of the dice and the conditions were pretty tough but that's life. I had a great time and got to meet some new people and also put faces to names from FB and this forum.

Edited by Top Ramen

...Second, there are some local haters (including a loud-mouthed cry-baby Lake Fork guide) who were actively trying to f*ck with the tournament. Changing the location helped make them irrelevant...

What do you mean by "actively trying"? Bad mouthing? Or are we talking actual sabotage?

Several reasons. The weather had been really nice for about a week but a brutal cold front rolled in at the last minute. I was in shorts the evening before then it was 30 degrees the next morning. The thinking was that a smaller power plant lake would hold up under those conditions better than a huge reservoir like Fork. There were fish on beds in that lake already, so the basic theory was sound.

Second, there are some local haters (including a loud-mouthed cry-baby Lake Fork guide) who were actively trying to f*ck with the tournament. Changing the location helped make them irrelevant.

While I would have loved to fish Fork, I think they made the right decision. It was a roll of the dice and the conditions were pretty tough but that's life. I had a great time and got to meet some new people and also put faces to names from FB and this forum.

Haters are always gonna be around... why would any one let it get to them is beyond me. Haters are always irrelevant until you join ranks and let them get in your head. thats too bad that people cant play like big boys out there