Line size

Sprint61

What size is everyone throwing on there smaller swimbsits like the 68's? I have a setup for smaller stuff that I've been using 20#. Thinking about going down to 15# izorline xxx, pline cxxx, or yo zuri. Biggest bait that will be thrown in this is a 68 special, wondering if anyone else is using 15.

I fish open water mostly, so take with a grain of salt, but I throw 20# on my 250s/10" TT/8" hudds. My smaller stuff I throw 15 or 12.

Just think about your water clarity, cover you are fishing, and how often you check your line. May also want to consider how financially impactful losing a 68 or whatever bait is on your wallet. If not that big of deal, just another pro in going down a size

I use 12lb Big Game for all my swimbaits (7" MS Slammer, Hudd 68, Gantarel, S-Waver 168 and I even fished an 8" Hudd a few times). Never had a bass break my line and never cast-off a bait... I fish from the bank and only have one baitcasting and one spinning combo. So, I use 12lb Big Game for all my baitcasting fishing (swimbaits, jigs, frogs, spinnerbaits)... When I started bass fishing I only used 6lb mono and I even caught my current PB (caught 15 years ago) with that 6lb line using a normal sized spinnerbait. I NEVER had a bass break my line even tough I used 6 and 8 lb line for some years...

Edited by mcaetano2905

What size is everyone throwing on there smaller swimbsits like the 68's? I have a setup for smaller stuff that I've been using 20#. Thinking about going down to 15# izorline xxx, pline cxxx, or yo zuri. Biggest bait that will be thrown in this is a 68 special, wondering if anyone else is using 15.

I use 16# Sniper FC for my smaller baits.

I like 15# CXX for most glides 175's, Negotiators, wakes, etc. For Hudd 6 inch I use 12# CXX. Seems like I get more bites on 12# with the Hudd than on 15 or 17#. I like Senshi too. Shooter Mono is sweet but expensive. CXX and Senshi and some of the others mentioned are a little easier on the wallet. I don't throw anything except mono so that's all I have to offer. Good luck and keep on catching them!