Dobyns Champion SB or LDC

lux036

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I've been saving up a bit of money for a swimbait rod up to $300. I have never used a true dedicated swimbait rod or owned one. So I would like some first person experience help here. I've found 2 rods I really prefer. The Dobyns Champion 796sb and LDC MH/H 7'9". The reason for this is I prefer shorter rods, full foam handles and I dont like cork or split grip for chucking heavy lures. I know the LDC comes with the spiral wrap. If you can give insight on pros/cons about that also, it would be helpful. If you guys/gals can give some insight on either rod it would be appreciated.

There are many threads on here giving insight on spiral wraps..use the search

If you have money and time to wait get a custom build..LDC..MOAM..Nef customs..performance tackle..HH custom rods..Khanh Customs..and many others can build some killer stuff..but it could be weeks, months or a year for some

If you want it now and are budgeting go with the dobyns

Currently working with Moam Sticks right now on a custom rod. Thanks for the suggestion.

Lots of great rod builders out there. MOAM (Swimbo) is my choice of builder. Great turnaround time, awesome communication, doesn't sell you a rod you don't need, gives great advice. Palehorse was another one that i heard nothing but great things about but i know he hasn't been building in a while. Nef Customs build some sweet rods. LDC is probably the most popular, sweet rods, Ben's a pretty awesome dude. Wait time is long but heard nothing but good things about his rods. 

If you got any questions about MOAM Rods PM me