SUB Tournament February 24th - March 2nd

Again, the only rule change would be a spotted bass or smallmouth bass could not get beat by a smaller fish.... that would be it. Very simple but again it's not up to me and let's be honest... I'm fishing for largemouth so I don't really care too much. It would be cool to win one with a spot or smallie though.

Again, the only rule change would be a spotted bass or smallmouth bass could not get beat by a smaller fish.... that would be it. Very simple but again it's not up to me and let's be honest... I'm fishing for largemouth so I don't really care too much. It would be cool to win one with a spot or smallie though.

Yeah, thanks for making it simpler.   It would be complicated if they tried to add a handicap for the other species and then a cross compare.  Makes sense to me and I'm in favor as I only have fished for largies. Gosh I've never caught a smallie, spot, or striper!!!

I have though caught what look like they could possibly be hybrids of either with largemouth but not sure.

STKBASS I don't know where you live and what your handicap is. There's a 6.59 from South Africa so if you don't get a handicap then yes that's probably right. I think SA gets 2.5 lbs

Nice fish Ryan, Colin and Travis

With regards to spotties and smallies I think Waynem's suggestion of having Spottie & Smallie wildcards into the final is a great idea. Other than that they should get a +handicap.

The "no handicap" system has a few problems: if Ohio Joe catches a 6# largie, Cali Bob a 6.1# spottie and Cali Rob a 6.2# largie, who wins? Joe beats Rob but not Bob, Bob beats Joe but not Rob and Rob beats Bob but not Joe.

And then what if Joe smashes his state record with a 5.9 spottie...Shouldn't that beat a 6.1 Spottie from Cali?

Edited by Craig