***3:16 Knockoff scam alert***

Rubberdaddy

I don't understand this kind of rationalization. How do you say you "do everything with honesty and integrity" when you just told us you knowingly bought a knock-off? If you think buying fakes is okay, that's your business but don't try to dress it up as anything other than what it is. You knew the deal was skeezy and you did it anyway. Now it bit you in the ass.

In complete honestly, I'd fish a knockoff too if I couldn't fish the real thing. It may not feel "authentic" fishing them, but the fish probably don't care as much as we do.

I would NOT however pass the bait on to someone else without them knowing it's a fake. Even if I were to just give it away, I would rather toss it in the trash than have someone mistake it for the real thing. I think this is where Tom is coming from. Using cloned baits only for personal use is completely understandable.

In complete honestly, I'd fish a knockoff too if I couldn't fish the real thing. It may not feel "authentic" fishing them, but the fish probably don't care as much as we do.

I would NOT however pass the bait on to someone else without them knowing it's a fake. Even if I were to just give it away, I would rather toss it in the trash than have someone mistake it for the real thing. I think this is where Tom is coming from. Using cloned baits only for personal use is completely understandable.

Although I don't support the making of a knockoff, if someone bought one, molded it because maybe its one of his favorite baits, then power to him if he wants to fish it and have a few. But SELLING, TRADING, or trying to pass it off as the real thing is just wrong.

Using cloned baits only for personal use is completely understandable.

If you made it yourself to use yourself, that's one thing but if you bought it then the knock-offs are being made to be SOLD and that's the problem. And if you're knowingly buying the knock-offs, you're part of the problem. 

If he is okay with buying baits that straight-up rip off someone else's hard work, that's his decision. Not everyone has the same ethics. Lot's of folks find their integrity dissolves as soon as it contacts money. But, don't do it and try to pretend you've got the moral high ground.

Dude accepted his culpability in buying a KO, tried to right the ship and provide the info of the maker to the offended party, didn't try to sell/trade/ripoff with said KO bait and to anyone's knowledge didn't buy any more of the KO baits.

Jesus, WTF more do you want the guy to do?

Although I don't support the making of a knockoff, if someone bought one, molded it because maybe its one of his favorite baits, then power to him if he wants to fish it and have a few. But SELLING, TRADING, or trying to pass it off as the real thing is just wrong.

This sounds like trying to justify a fraud..don't even mold it for personal use..if not patented it may not be "illegal" but still completely unethical..a good part of the younger generation in this world is completely blind to hard work, respect, ethics and value..and others exploit it by doing and encouraging the fraud..the give it to me now at a lower price who cares who makes what mentality

I don't have a ton of 3:16 anymore because the pricing as of late discourages me..however the baits are first rate for good reason..if 3:16 was my "thing" I would never buy, sell or trade a knockoff knowingly..never mold one either..that is lowlife sh!t

My comments are not aimed at any particular person unless that person feels is ok

Edited by BigSlant

Jesus, WTF more do you want the guy to do?

Stop being a hypocrite? He did a shady deal, knowing what it was, then it came back to him. Fine, as I said, some folk's ethics are more flexible than other's. But don't spout off about how you  "do everything with honesty and integrity" when you just told us what your real morals are. I can't stomach that kind of bullshit. 

Stop being a hypocrite? He did a shady deal, knowing what it was, then it came back to him. Fine, as I said, some folk's ethics are more flexible than other's. But don't spout off about how you  "do everything with honesty and integrity" when you just told us what your real morals are. I can't stomach that kind of bullshit. 

Ramen, so immoral stuff makes you sick to your stomach?  Mickey must give you the fits then huh.  He's super moral.  

I fully expect that TJ ( Rubberdaddy) and Mickey will personally reach out to Tom English so they can actually get the contact information of the individual who owns and makes those 3:16 knockoff blanks instead of just crucifying Tom for buying one knockoff bait for personal use.

Tom English is not the maker and producer of 3:16 knockoffs rather one consumer who purchased one knockoff from a counterfeiting clown.

Just like the guy who bought the knockoff whatever in a flea market.Target the manufacturer and not the guy who just bought one for personal use.

I just had a telephone conversation with Tom and he is willing and able to help Mickey and TJ with factual information that will target and locate the real transgressor in the 3:16 knockoff scam who is the guy manufacturing the blanks and violating copyright/infringement laws.

So pretty much it can be concluded that not only does Tom participate in the purchasing of knock of baits for potential resale, but that he is a nark as well? #snitchesgetstitches

Although theres a lot of speculation about Toms screwed up moral compass, Im curious as to who made the baits and sold it to Tom? Correct me if im wrong, but someone claimed that he already turned that information over to Mickey.. blast that persons reputation here for everyone to see.