South African connection

OkeechobeeJC

One of the many benefits of being a member of Swimbait Underground is the friendships that you forge as you come to this forum to buy/sell and learn about swimbaiting.This swimbait community is a platform for worldwide communication and unique opportunities to reach out to members from around the world!

Last month SU member Craig (Craig Crossman) from Cape Town, South Africa reached out to me via PM to inquire about a 3:16 Lure Company bait that really interested him.It was my pleasure to send him whatever 3:16 bait he needed free of charge.I felt privileged to give him access to a 3:16 bait he always wanted to have but never had the opportunity being from the other side of the globe.

Just today in the mail I recieved a home-made Glide from Craig.A beautiful golden shiner African Queen as he calls them.A true gesture of appreciation that I will never forget as I will treasure his craft and enjoy trying out here in Florida waters.Thank you Craig and cheers my South African connection!

post-26051-0-10979900-1490728858_thumb.jpgpost-26051-0-77240300-1490728865_thumb.jpgpost-26051-0-15412000-1490728874_thumb.jpg

That was very cool of you to send the bait free and Craig is a great guy.

Last year a caught a DD during the SU tournament and didn't take a picture with the code, he sent me one of his baits in Golden shinner also.

He is a great guy and so are you.

That's awesome, and I agree! There's nothing else out there that even comes close to the community we have here on SU...at least none that I've found. In a none of the other forums have I found guys so willing to give and invest their time, knowledge, and resources.

Well done, JC! And well done, Craig! That African Queen looks sweet!

Craig is a good cat..couple SU guys pulled together and were able to get a deal on a brand new Dobyns 806 so he could throw swimbaits since that type of stuff isn't readily available in So Africa! I have an African Queen and it definitely swims legit!

SU has to be one of the top communities on the net. The members constantly amaze me, always freely giving priceless information and never fail to help out anyone in need.

I'm very proud to be a member and proud to be making swimbaits that members use. I've given some away to test, as trades, as "thank you's" and few to people who have had baits stolen etc. Best of all though is that I've sold some and putting the dollars away for a trip to the States.

I've got an awesome swimbait rod and some great lures, all made possible though SU

But most importantly, without the encouragement and feedback received here I wouldn't be making lures. 

Thank you SU!

• 1 month later...

Great to see a South African craftsman making swimbaits - looking forward to buying a bait or two in South African forage species colours to try out when I get home!