Clear Lake

Jacobssam

Hello SU, I am headed up to clear lake this weekend and i have never been there. Anyone have any suggestions for their right now, I am going to be in a kayak and wondering what baits I should bring and should focus on.

I've been up there a few times over past month, with days of 50-75 fish upto 10lbs. A-rigs, underspins and blades are the best bite. A few lipless and rip fish being caught. As far as glides and larger than kaitech swims, that bite hasn't turned on very much for us or who I've talked to. 

Hello SU, I am headed up to clear lake this weekend and i have never been there. Anyone have any suggestions for their right now, I am going to be in a kayak and wondering what baits I should bring and should focus on.

What part of the lake?

Clear Lake is putting out some nice fish lately with 1 tourney getting 6 fish over 10lbs. I got a 9lb 5oz fish 2 weeks ago when I was up there last. Windy as heck today, so I'm hoping it calms down, so I get get up there also in my kayak tomorrow if all goes as planned!!

FYI Tacticalbassin site is right on the money on what's working!!

post-20690-0-30358700-1490903368_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2833-34497

Hey Sam,, I suggest launching up on North end and staying up there. Typically it warms up sooner than the rest of the lake, and tends to turn on sooner. And plus, being in a yak, you'll want the least affected area from the wind. You can launch off 5th st. in Lakeport for free. Then paddle N.East towards Rodman slough. Tons of docks and bays to keep you busy, and occasional tule patches. I fish all types of baits, but if I wanted to stick it out with swims only, I'd throw a 7" Osprey along docks and front edges, especially if there's a lil breeze. Deps 175s, rising sons, and shad shaped glides that resemble crappie are all great too. The swim bite has been slow but could turn on any day with the weather warming up