Bank swimbait fishing

SoCalSwim

I currently have been swimming for the past 6 months on and off. And I have had no luck. I primarily bank fish and am having a hard time trying even get followers. I have been throwing weedless huddlestons to avoid hang ups and what not. My questions are the following

1) is there anything in particular I should look for when fishing from shore like rocks or docks?

2) are there any swimbaits that do well in dirty water?

Thanks for your guys advice in advance. I just need to get pointed in the right direction

I fish from the bank too all my fish this year came off rock in cove's and dropoffs next to a point. Cranking a alpha trout like you would on spinnerbait on a 5 to 1 reel. Both fish had it choke just the jighook only. As far sound goes I don't own any baits that make sound except topwater. But top water bite is not on yet.

That helps a lot! I have been trying to get my hands on an alpha trout. Do you usually spend a lot of time at one spot? Or is it a matter of covering water until you get results/ followers?

I only fish from bank currently and have caught fish on the bullshad 4x4 knocker diving it in shallow water bouncing it off rocks. it does really well not getting hung up. have also caught some on a gamber big EZ 6.5 in the rocks and a Osprey 7in. rolling on bottom. both soft baits have been in white/chartreuse colors. i really like the owner flashy swimmer hooks if you are fishing and plastics. works great in the stained and muddy waters here in kansas.

A weedless rising son is a great option for bank fishing in stained water. You can throw it into some very nasty cover. Parallel casts along the bank or along drop offs have also been productive for me. I know that's pretty basic thinking, but I try not to over complicate things when bank fishing. Weedless rising son gets bit, and has become my confidence bait for sure.

My best bank results happen in the following situations

Fishing glide baits over grass

Floating baits along pads/over grass

And ESPECIALLY rock/concrete to mud transition. In my ponds wherever a storm drain/etc meets mud I catch fish.

Thanks for everyone's input so far. I'm heading to the lake tomorrow. I'm going to implement a little bit of each of your guys comments. I'll keep you guys posted on how I do. I don't have a lot of baits that you guys listed but I'm going to throw ROF 0,5, and 12 hudd to cover top middle and bottom as well as one glide bait for grass.

First what's up my IE brothren. Let me try to help with the little knowledge I possess and pass it on

1) is there anything in particular I should look for when fishing from shore like rocks or docks?

Docks, structure seen visually and felt underneath when chucking that hudd, flats, main points are all pretty important. These are all areas that will hold fish. I'll focus on what I've learned tossing the hudd from shore. First and foremost slow the bait down, focus on the structure you feel while dragging your bait along. When coming off a particular piece of structure be prepared for a bite. This may sound confusing because earlier I said slow the bait down but, change your retrieval cadence or speed up every now and then. I hate to admit this but I haven't yet hooked up on a hudd fish but have had many a strike and focusing on this little bit of information has helped me in getting bites and many followers. Lastly keep tossing the bait, I have 2 weedless huds that are destroyed just from chucking them these last 2 months. Another option which I'm looking into are the 316 weedless rising son baits, and trash fish swimbaits, these are other options that can be tossed without worrying about a snag.

2) are there any swimbaits that do well in dirty water?

I would believe other baits that would work when clarityis down are ones that move alot of water, make noise, or have some flash to them. I've tossed my bullshooter 160 and have had some luck from shore also modding the weight of the bait will help with it's rate of fall which will help in not losing it. Lastly don't get discouraged, I've been on a 2 month drought without a fish coming on swimbaits. But I'm sure when I get one it'll be just as big as my last one or bigger.

Fish secondary points where you can easily access from the shore,,,thats the hard part. Second, fish in the window period where them fish arnt hugging the bottom and are actively chasing down bait,,,,like 4- 2 days before a full moon in the afternoon till mid night. Third, match the hatch or get as close to possible. Thats my problem swimbaits are bigger than the lil shad and ghost minows the lunkers are eating up in my lake. I seen lots of DDs amd pulled out a 13 myself,,,,but never on a swimbait- yet!!!!

only sometimes you will get a follower on a hudd, most times they will eat away from shore, on the bottom. so if you drag the hudd very slowly on the bottom, it gives the fish something to pin the bait to( the bottom).  sometimes a bite is hard to detect fishing in this way, so pay attn.

next tip would be, throw it down points and try to parallel the bank as much as possible in differant depths

normally big glides will produce followers, deps 250 type baits have big drawing power. but be careful i have lost like 4 deps 250's from shore in my time

only sometimes you will get a follower on a hudd, most times they will eat away from shore, on the bottom. so if you drag the hudd very slowly on the bottom, it gives the fish something to pin the bait to( the bottom).  sometimes a bite is hard to detect fishing in this way, so pay attn.

next tip would be, throw it down points and try to parallel the bank as much as possible in differant depths

normally big glides will produce followers, deps 250 type baits have big drawing power. but be careful i have lost like 4 deps 250's from shore in my time

I've noticed glides do this, but I also fish from shore, I have been throwing my hinkle trout and mother a lot and getting no followers....