DRT Varial Handle

Abobass

I've got a couple an am very happy with them.

Pros:

- Able to use it for multiple brands of reel. Typically you'd need 2 handles for a Pluton and Curado 200. With this setup you just need to buy two handle nuts.

- Interchangable knobs in multiple colors and sizes

- solid feel and performance

Con

- 100mm is the largest they have

You can swap out the knobs on most major brand handles. And it's only a few bucks to install bearings in them if they don't have them already. I just don't see the justification for the high price on that handle.

Justification is they are dope. The knobs are larger than most and while i prefer foam the varial is tight. Also i prefer 100mm over most. Once u get to 110mm and up it can be awkward. Those handles hang in my sunshirt and hoody pocket. 100mm seems to be just right IMO

Justification is they are dope. The knobs are larger than most and while i prefer foam the varial is tight. Also i prefer 100mm over most. Once u get to 110mm and up it can be awkward. Those handles hang in my sunshirt and hoody pocket. 100mm seems to be just right IMO

I can buy a 102 mm swept carbon fiber handle from Hawgtech, put fresh ABEC7 bearings on it, add huge custom knobs from Hedgehog Studio and still be at about half the cost.

Edited by Top Ramen

http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34966-review-request-drt-varial-handle/?hl=varial

I posted this awhile back but never got much information.

I decided to go with "Reel KustomReels" (on FB) carbon handle and could not be happier. Top quality materials and bearings for about half the price of JDM options.

I can buy a 102 mm swept carbon fiber handle from Hawgtech, put fresh ABEC7 bearings on it, add huge custom knobs from Hedgehog Studio and still be at about half the cost.

No doubt there are lower cost options. Personally not a fan of hawgtech's stuff, when it comes to CF handles I prefer Studio but that's just me.

Seems to be comparing apples to oranges when talking CF vs Aluminum handle.