PSA: TO ALL NEWBIES AND YOUNG SWIMBAITERS.....:

Darth Baiter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump back to the front page and something else to add:

Use common sense in the Got 'Em section (or any other section on this page). The description says "Partly cloudy with a chance of Bass... Swimbait Fish Reports", pretty self explanitory.

This is Swimbait Underground....not live bait, spinnerbait, spinbait, crankbait, ripbait, NOT ALLOWED etc. Swimbait only. Plenty of other forums out there to talk about other baits. If you do feel the need to talk about another bait or pretty much anything else not Swimbait related here, there is a sub forum in the main Swimbait Underground forum, called down time. Here is the link: viewforum.php?f=29

Thank you and as Darth said:

I'm nobody, and nobody has to listen to a word I say, but i just felt that these things would make the site more enjoyable to all members. Keep up the good work, people!! :D

Jesus Guy F'in relax... holy Hell

It's just the way this site was founded. You have know idea what it was like when "Dickey" was involved. :lol: Get used to it or get lost. That's just the way it is going to be...

Post up a couple of legit fish and redeem yourself. ;) The northeast seems to be fishing pretty good right now.

Jesus Guy F'in relax... holy Hell

It's just the way this site was founded. You have know idea what it was like when "Dickey" was involved. :lol: Get used to it or get lost. That's just the way it is going to be...

Post up a couple of legit fish and redeem yourself. ;) The northeast seems to be fishing pretty good right now.

Amen brother!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, just wanted to contribute and introduce myself. Maybe I shouldn't though considering the past few posts in this thread but maybe it will be a graceful transition to more productive discussion? Im not even sure this is the proper thread for introductions but I'm going to let it fly anyway. Feel free to move the post if I screwed up.

My name is Jason, Im 42 and you can find me in a yellow/black/silver Stratos Evo fishing DVL frequently. This past year was my first year fishing all of the local tournaments for WON, NBW and ABA and I happily finished in the middle of the pack or better in most all of them.

I love throwing swimbaits...In fact, I have been dedicating the past year to practicing the craft. This website seems awesome so far. I like the pureness of it. The reading has been exceptional and I plan on contributing as much as I can. I was a part of something with a similar philosophy several years ago online. It was called FreeSpool. Unfortunately, they never made it but it was a good thing for a good while. I am hoping that this site avoids some of the pitfalls and mistakes that FreeSpool could not. It seems like you guys have something good going on here.

Feel free to say hi when you see me. I will be hucking the big baits at DVL ALOT in the next several months. I live in Corona and am always happy to share the boat with someone who wants to chuck em all day long. Just HMU.

Jason

Im by no means a pro at swimbaiting nor am I a veteran on this forum but make sure that most of your posts actually contribute to this place. Theres a lot, I mean A LOT of guys with waaay more posts in the Black Market than anywhere else on the site.

Also, if youre gonna sell something, make sure you brush up on your customer service skills or else youre gonna be that angry person working at McD’s the rest of your life. What I mean is, it doesn’t take that much time to send a pm to the buyer saying that you’ll ship or haven’t yet shipped, especially if you had the time to log in and read the buyer’s pm to you and/or update/bump up your own posts. I understand that we’re all busy, but we also don’t have time for that “I shipped it 3 days ago; you should see it today or tomorrow†crap. WE NEED TRACKING INFO!!! if youre like me, you want to be treated the same way you treat others. When I sell something, I normally always ship the day after payment is received(PO is closed by the time I get home from work) unless im home for some reason then it goes out the same day. I expect the same from sellers unless im informed otherwise.

I don’t care what you say, when you take someone’s money, you have an obligation to fill. Unless you don’t care too much for your own reputation…

Im by no means a pro at swimbaiting nor am I a veteran on this forum but make sure that most of your posts actually contribute to this place. Theres a lot, I mean A LOT of guys with waaay more posts in the Black Market than anywhere else on the site.

Also, if youre gonna sell something, make sure you brush up on your customer service skills or else youre gonna be that angry person working at McD’s the rest of your life. What I mean is, it doesn’t take that much time to send a pm to the buyer saying that you’ll ship or haven’t yet shipped, especially if you had the time to log in and read the buyer’s pm to you and/or update/bump up your own posts. I understand that we’re all busy, but we also don’t have time for that “I shipped it 3 days ago; you should see it today or tomorrow†crap. WE NEED TRACKING INFO!!! if youre like me, you want to be treated the same way you treat others. When I sell something, I normally always ship the day after payment is received(PO is closed by the time I get home from work) unless im home for some reason then it goes out the same day. I expect the same from sellers unless im informed otherwise.

I don’t care what you say, when you take someone’s money, you have an obligation to fill. Unless you don’t care too much for your own reputation…

Well said! Great communication will make up for delays any time for me :D

Hi all, I appreciate this post and am new on here. I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Matt. I'm a newer swimbaiter living in Central Florida. I've been fishing for bass for 15 years (in my mid 30s), but got back into it seriously a couple of years ago. I want to expand my fishing arsenal and have truly enjoyed throwing the swimbaits that I've used.

TIA for the knowledge that I know I will learn.

Cheers