PSA: TO ALL NEWBIES AND YOUNG SWIMBAITERS.....:

Darth Baiter

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

for all the nubbies,

LEARN CONVENTIONAL TECHNIQUES FIRST!!! worms, jigs, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, ripbaits, topwaters, etc.

it'll help in so many ways - approach, casting, presentation, etc. you dont need to master it, just learn it. it'll make the conversion over to swimbait fishing easier and it'll help one avoid a lot of the "how do i fish the _____" questions

for all the nubbies,

LEARN CONVENTIONAL TECHNIQUES FIRST!!! worms, jigs, crankbaits, spinnerbaits, ripbaits, topwaters, etc.

it'll help in so many ways - approach, casting, presentation, etc. you dont need to master it, just learn it. it'll make the conversion over to swimbait fishing easier and it'll help one avoid a lot of the "how do i fish the _____" questions

There people that don't do that?

In this post lies the difficulty of the "noob". We don't have much to offer to the swimbait world, but we need the black market to get started. Other than the obligatory posts, we can't increase our post count at any kind of rate that would say that we are contributing. But I do think that we should not ask the same noob questions over and over. Search is not always friendly, but it should be tried to the fullest extent.

OK, Addition to what has already been written here: BEWARE OF WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH ON THIS SITE AND ANY OTHERS WHEN IT COMES TO BUYING STUFF. Look in the Black Market feedback for reviews on people on the site who buy and sell, it will help you root out who to deal with and who not to deal with. HINT: Most of the members who have been on the site for a while are usually good to deal with, and actually so are a few of the newcomers.

Also, there are still a LOT of people who seem to come on this site to only buy baits and not to contribute to the rest of the site. You have to have 5 posts before you can respond to PMs on this site, and Im sure the reason is to root out the people who dont want to contribute to the site. I could be wrong about this though. Like I said earlier in this thread, there are other sites where you have to have 100 posts and if they can tell you are just trying to up your post count so you can be able to post in their classified section, they will actually take your posts off the site. This seems to be a different site, the more you contribute, the more you will be rewarded...... 8-) EVERYBODY CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE SITE. 8-);)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This is a Public Service Announcement to all newbies and "young gun " swimbaiters on the site.....:

1. Know where to post your stuff. Please try to post things in the appropriate places. EXAMPLE: Don't put an ad wanting to buy a rod in the Got Em Section, that's not the place for it. I know these sites are exciting, but use common sense. If you need help figuring where to post a question or a report, contact the Mods or one of the longtime members of the site, most will be more than glad to help.

2. Search the forum when you get on. A lot of the same questions keep getting posted by new , seldom site users, or unobservant members ( that is no knock on anybody or anything against anybody, that's a FACT). Please search the pages of the site to see if your question has been posted or somebody has posted up a topic that you planned on posting up about. We don't need 5 different "Swimbait Collections" threads, as an example, we don't have that, but just pointing out to make sure the same thing you were going to post hasn't been posted.

3. Please contribute to the site, It will help you and us all out. Maybe this is just a pet peeve of mine, But It drives me nuts when guys get on some of these sites only to buy baits and not to contribute with reports or information. It takes a few posts before you can use the PM system on this site. That is basically to see if you will contribute to the site, not just to jump on and buy/ sell stuff. Other sites have it worse, you need at least 100 posts to buy/sell/trade stuff. Please just try to contribute/introduce yourself, most of us don't bite. If you are throwing swimbaits and/or catching fish, you have to have SOMETHING you can contribute to the site.

since we've been seeing a lot of this lately...