What do you use your LDC 8' MH for?

jackwald

SWIMBAITS! :lol:

Just kidding man, well are you asking about the Production rod or the Custom?

Because you can alway PM Ben, the maker of LDC rods, on this site. His user name is: echoedd

But Ben is a really approachable dude, and he is always more than happy to tell anyone about his gear.

I dont personally own one, but have fished with Ben's custom and production.

Rod feels perfect for 6" freestyles, baby wakes, 6" hudds, small rising sons, 7" slammer...etc. Will it throw bigger than that? probably, but i'd step up to a heavy if you are going bigger.

Hopefully someone who has one and fishes it often will chime in here...

Geoff

I will let ya know tomorrow when I get mine! 8-) Got a production MH and a H on the way right now. I am thinking that I will be using mine for 6" & 7" TTs, blue gill TT, hudd 68's, 7" slammers, and high power herrings. All just preconcieved notions though, hopefully I can give you better input after my first trip with it Saturday. But like everyone else said, talk to Ben, he makes them and he knows more about them than any of us. He answered all of my emails very promptly and even called me and answered all of the questions I had about the rods.

I do remember him telling me that the Production and Custom blanks are different from each other. I think he said the production blanks are more similar to the slow bend of the Loomis BBR series(just for comparison) and the customs are more stiff like the Loomis Swimbait series(once again, just for comparison).

Havent decided on custom or production. I fish in Illinois and Michigan and I want just one rod that will throw all of the smaller to medium sized baits. I'm playing on throwing 6-7 inch tts p, baby wakes, wake jr, mission fish, hudds, punkers, and light alabame rigs.

I've got the production MH LDC and it's parabolic action seems perfect for my smaller trebled hard baits. I've only had it for a week or so and have mostly used it for the FS Gills. Feels perfect for the Gills, Shads, 6" trouts. Ready to try the wake jr on it, but the topwater bite is still forthcoming

up to a rof 5 8" hudd(pushing it)

Really? do have trouble hooking fish on the end of a long cast with it?

Haven't hooked anything yet, just tossed it a couple times, I get a REALLY good set on the rising son at the end of a long cast with this rod, so I don't think it would be a problem. I was saying you would want another rod if you were going to constantly be throwing the 8" hudd, this rod is not built for that. I prefer my XH custom for anything 4 OZ and up.