Islide 262

barkquackgurr88

Ever glide bait glides to side and then the other side, but each bait has a little something different. Water temperature will aslo have a play into the glide.

Type of rod, reel, line, wind, the way you hold the rod, and the amount of force you use to glide the bait all has something to do to how the bait will glide.

So my opinion is they are similar, I would lean more to the 262 for a better glide. Also keep in mind ever bait is different when made.

You should be able to catch a fish on every bait made if you are a good fisherman. Want you need to learn what bait and how to work it to catch more fish. Time on the water will get you dialed in, it may be the 200 if short glides one day and the 262 with wide glides the next.

This is something you will need to figure out yourself, trust me you may go through 10 glides or maybe 100 to figure it out. Once you do you will be posting WTS in the black market.

Welcome to the swimbait game. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck

Brian

Edited by bassbass

Disclaimer: I have not fished the 262 myself. With that said, from what I’ve seen and read the islides require more rod action/twitches to run well whereas the S-Waver seems to have an easier glide using just reel turns. Again, not firsthand experience. Just coming from a guy who spends too much time looking into baits to try haha

The 262 is a big bait. You would need a rig to commit to it. 200 swaver fishes heavier than islide 185. The islide 185 is my fav cuz despite the fancy moves it has, a basic slow handle retrieve is all you need to get it.

post-20499-0-98198600-1515326500_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigpoppabass

I'm no fan of the 262, fished mine a couple of times, saw no reason to throw it when I have other baits that swim so much better. When it's out at the end of a cast I have no idea what it's doing. When I can see it I can work it but it needs constant attention. If it where me I would get some thing else Gancraft or more S-wavers.

There was a guy named hisashi who sold me a bnib deps 250s cheap on ebay. Unfortunately, he has disappeared, but had good vibes from other buyers here. The 250 and islide 185 are my hard to put down glides cuz a slow handle retrieve is all you need to understand what's up imo....The 262 is more of a giant Jerkbait.

Edited by bigpoppabass