15lb big game for 3-4 oz glide bait's?

Born 2 fish

I'm really new to glide bait's do you guys think 15lb line is sufficient for say s waver 200's

All of my baits are just under 2oz ganteral jr's and s waver 168s And my set up has 15lb line. Should I go to 20lb for the 200?

Edited by Born 2 fish

Like everything else, it depends.  Gin clear water I'd drop way

down to 12# flouro just don't try to set a casting record, It's just an S-waver any way. As the water gets dingy or stained you can go up. if you think you have to. A glide isn't grinding the bottom or banging cover. I come from a finesse background, the lighter the line the better a lure works and the more bites you get,

Sufix is your friend.

Siege mono. Amazing casting distance, tough as nails, minimum stretch, minimum memory. (Same diameters as big game). Use a solid color, had an issue once with the camo. (Could've just been a bad batch, but better safe than sorry with big baits).

Big fan of their fluorocarbon too. (Great handling & strength, at the cost of being little more opaque (visible) than other flouros).

I'll never use another line as long as Sufix exists. One of the few things I have ultimate confidence in & can recommend.

*Use a line conditioner too(with all lines, not just sufix). Especially with big baits.

I’m using 20# Pline PF Org. Has a 17#lb diameter and Small Baits swim great with it and it’s very affordable. 2nd choice is 20lb abrazx flouro. I wouldn’t go on any lower then 20lb fluorocarbon because it tends to get a little snappy with no stretch. Any lower then that you need mono You could even try 15lb CXX I would put all those options above 15lb big game but I think you will have no problems using the big game for open water situations. Check your knots cut off 2-5ft of line and retry often no matter what line you choose. Give it a try and see what the fish say!