Another Bass Pro Knockoff

BamaChild

Anyone who takes one of these out of the package will know immediately it's nothing like a hudd, and for a sub $10 bait, it's not meant to be. Not the same target market. Also someone above mentioned the s waver knockoff. Side effect of doing business in China. There is only a loyalty to profit. Many of you have probably bought unpainted megabass blanks or similar. It's all about units being moved. If someone can't fulfill need, someone else will. The fishing market is slowly being condensed. Everything is slowly being bought by the same owners. Believe it or not the holding company everyone knows as Rubbermaid actally owns pure fishing which controls probably 80% of the conventional products you see on shelves. Even if they aren't owned by that company they're made in the same factory ie. Southern plastics makes most soft plastics on the shelves. Hell if you guys wanted a great swimbait reel you could all get together contact the company the makes Abu, lews, bps, plueger, Penn, 13 fishing and order 15,000 of them to whatever spec you want. Just have to fill a shipping container. If you guys want to be mad at someone, be mad at people of YouTube who are selling OEM manufactured crap reels painted a different color to kids who don't know any better with their parents credit cards for a 100% mark up. You're worry isn't with companies selling look alikes for a quarter of the price to first time fisherman.

Ok well that went deep. Anyway, I tried the fake hudd today. Absolute garbage. There is a massive internal plastic harness that makes this thing float. It has a sink rate of about 6 inches a minute. Only thing it’s good for is it’s basically a 6 inch hudd wake bait. Even then it’s garbage. The plastic on the tail is very stiff to. 2/10

I don't think it hurts Huddleston alot. I think the people who paying big bucks now for hudds won't settle for the bps version. The guys who will buy these with will be casual swimbaits guys who want to try something new. For example I don't see a hardcore swimbait guru with a box of hudds suddenly going bps baits to save a buck.

Edited by Rangermike

I don't think it hurts Huddleston alot. I think the people who paying big bucks now for hudds won't settle for the bps version. The guys who will buy these with will be casual swimbaits guys who want to try something new. For example I don't see a hardcore swimbait guru with a box of hudds suddenly going bps baits to save a buck.

i agree with this to an extent. Prior to being introduced to this site last fall (give or take), i was the guy always looking for a deal. I am a casual fisherman (i would fish everyday if possible, but my family limits my time) that had been bass fishing only 3 years. I love to do a little bit of everything when fishing. While i enjoy running and gunning, i also enjoy throwing TR baits into grass and lily pads. So i have purchased a lot of different baits/lures. So if i could get a good swimming swim bait for $10 i would buy that over a hudd for $30. So fast forward to this site...reading reviews, comments, recommendations etc i got real good advice that i took and put in my pocket to keep with me. That advice was to not spend a lot of money on several lures, buy a couple good ones with good strong reputations and get to know those. Fish them hard and fish them often. Once i master them, then consider another bait. I went from $10 being the most i had ever spent on a lure. I laughed at people paying $50 (nevermind $100 or $400) for a lure. Now i paid $70 for a glide bait that i cannot wait to use. It should last me a long time. Do i fear casting it off or losing it? Yes, a little. But i know its a proven trophy class catching lure. So thats what i want to target. So i will not consider paying for a BPS knockoff. 

But the problem with that is, i think we swimbaiters are in the minority as far as how many lures are purchased. there are probably 10 to 1 that will never pay over $10 for a lure. So unfortunately there is a market for that. Then add in the crazy people that will spit out that its "jsut as good as a hudd" or "ive caught more than with a hudd" and you have more people that will buy it. But these are not your hardcore swimbait guru. I just think there are more of those that will spend $10 vs $100.