316 sport

morris1

Asked myself the same question - what I discovered is that the sport version has pectoral fins that stick out and these"rudders" allow the bait to burned with a faster retrieve without it breaking the surface like a floater or slow sink would.  It keeps the bait fairly level in the water column. 

I managed to get lucky and grab one in tonight;'s release so I will see what happens.  It's a floater but I'm not sure if all sports are floaters or not.  I have two FS shads, one floater and one Slow sink so I can compare all three...

hope that helps...a title..

Asked myself the same question - what I discovered is that the sport version has pectoral fins that stick out and these"rudders" allow the bait to burned with a faster retrieve without it breaking the surface like a floater or slow sink would.  It keeps the bait fairly level in the water column. 

I managed to get lucky and grab one in tonight;'s release so I will see what happens.  It's a floater but I'm not sure if all sports are floaters or not.  I have two FS shads, one floater and one Slow sink so I can compare all three...

hope that helps...a title..

You could try lead tape to get it to a slow sink.

My understanding is there are Sport floaters and SS.

The floaters when burned supposedly “dive†like a half inch on the burn due to the pectoral fins.

And for the SS the protruding fins keep the bait from planing up and burning on the surface.

Never owned a Sport but have owned many of the regular FS Shads, which cannot do the above said things.