My first post, Custom painted Nego!

XmcginnisX

Nice Chris. This would be better posted in the Grass Roots section. That is where all of the mad scientists of bait building and painting show their wares. I'll usually try to fix all the blemishes anyway, just cuz you never know when you'll turn out a masterpiece and don't want to regret not having fixed it earlier. KBS Diamond Clear for a topcoat will make that baby pop!

I apologize, is there a way for me to move the post?? But thank you! I usually try to take the time to at least feather the chips out but it was definitely a spur of the moment lol! I've heard a lot of good stuff about KBS but I've always used envirotex, seems to work well for me!

Perhaps you could request one of the mods to move the post, not the end of the world. I have used E-tex a lot as well, and D2T also, but just being able to dip a bait in a jar of KBS and allow it to hang to dry is soooo easy. It works best with a lure turner tho. You can do a second dip in less than two hours usually, where as E-tex takes 12-18 hours to be able to handle and several coats to be somewhat durable. I know it's expensive, but worth every penny IMHO. I think the best would be to spray an auto clear, but I haven't taken that step yet.

Hmm I may look into that, I know a lot of guys are moving to KBS for the dipping reason. I like being able to brush e tex on, but hate how easy it runs and it globs up bad if you apply too much. A lot of trial and error to find the right coat.