I swear.....

kscatman76

I swear buying a new rod is more stressful than buying a new car.  All I want is a rod for mainly jig hooked and weedless bait in the $150 range.  I have gone from a used Phenix Ultra swimbait back to an Okuma, then to a Dobyns 806 and an Irod bailey swim........I can't decide what to buy and it sucks not being able to feel them and having to order online.  It should be exciting but it's flat stressful!!

I wish there was an industry standard on rod ratings. I own all LDCs and have used dobyns before. Totally different feel to both. IMO, go to a tackle shop, a buddy with a Swimbait rod, or a rod builder and feel what works for you. I wouldn’t waste money on a lower end rod. Look at it as an investment into your hobby. Once u start buying the expensive baits, your gonna want the gear to handle them. I learned very quickly that Swimbait fishing is not cheap. Good luck.

Buying a rod in general on line is stressful.  

Buying parts to build a rod isn't much better.  Getting a good 'feel' on a rod or blank is tough through a computer screen.

I bought a Phenix Ultra Classic Swimbait 7'9 heavy from one of the only other swimbait guys in Wichita that just happened to post it for sale.  It's used but in very good shape.  I took it out and threw a Hudd with it last night and it cast and felt awesome.  Very happy with it.

I bought a Phenix Ultra Classic Swimbait 7'9 heavy from one of the only other swimbait guys in Wichita that just happened to post it for sale. It's used but in very good shape. I took it out and threw a Hudd with it last night and it cast and felt awesome. Very happy with it.

Good choice